Monday, January 28, 2008

We heard the news last night...




...that Gordon B. Hinckley, the President of the LDS Church had passed away at the age of 97. Although I am not of the LDS faith, living in Utah exposes one to a lot of the news, teachings and beliefs of this religion.
My very first thought was "Well, good for him!" Which may seem callous but was from my heart. He is with his beloved wife, Marjorie, and with the Lord, Jesus Christ. He had worked tirelessly in the Church from a young age and he does indeed deserve to go "home" and enjoy the fruits of his labor.

He had a wit and charm that I appreciated. When he spoke it was more like a Grandfather giving advice that a man preaching his beliefs on you.

He always injected humor is his talks, which I really appreciated. Even up to the very last, he was "fun" to listen to. And I share many of his thoughts, beliefs and wishes for the future generation.

So, yes, the Mormon religion has lost a great leader, and we who listened and watched snippets of him on the news have lost someone who made us laugh, think and feel.

But Marjorie has her husband once again and he has met with God and now can be in His presence.

And for that I say, "Well, good for him!"

So, go out there today and listen to others who may not be of the same faith as you. They all believe in something greater than themselves.

My Daddy used to say "God doesn't care what floor you shop on as long as you shop in His store." (although Daddy didn't go into the "store " much, I know he really believed...)

Blessings,

-me

No comments:

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...