Friday, January 25, 2008

I think I know.....

....Ok, well, I have some idea of......
...well, it may be an excuse.........
.....but it makes sense to me..

I now know why I am.....ahem...chubby. Cushy. Soft.


It's because I'm so forgetful! Yeeeaaa! That's it.....



I'll explain...

OK, a few weeks ago I messed up my knee. Bad. Don't know what I did. It just started hurting like, ah........heck.

Bad enough to make a trip to the doctors. And because I have had a history of blood clots - he sorta panicked. Sent me to the hospital for an ultrasound.

Good news! No clots! Bad news! Don't know what is making it hurt so bad!

(Oh, that last part doesn't rate an exclamation point....)

But anyway, he put me on some rather strong pain pills. I hate pills. I hate pain . I REALLY hate pain-pills.

However, I agree to take the pills. He warns me sternly, "Take these with food!"

I say, with a little lilt in my voice.... "no problem, doc." giggle giggle

So, a simple thing like that makes me think I know the reason I'm chubby....

You see, I've been really crazy-busy at work. So I start hurting and think, "Oh, I need to take a pain pill!"

"But I mustn't take one on an empty stomach..I must eat something."

Then I get uber-busy and forget to take the darn pill!

Well, now it's too late sister! I don't want the pills to rattle around in an empty stomach, making me more miserable than I was before, so I eat... AGAIN!

And thus, the cycle continues. Even in the middle of the night, I reach for a pill, and a piece of toast. Eat the toast..nod off to sleep...wake thinking, "Did I take that pill?" Shouldn't take a chance on an upset tummy, now can we? More toast?

2am - Cookie & Pill....I think...

5am - Cereal & pill....or did I take the pill before I ate the cereal? Oh no! Better have more cereal (or cookies, or toast) so the pill will have a soft place to land!


There you have it. I'm not an over-eater. I'm just forgetful....

So, is it that I truly...............

......or is it that.............

Whatever...............


Have a great day and don't take pills on an empty stomach...and for Heaven's sake...don't eat on an empty stomach either!



-me

5 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Love this post! I, too, don't believe in having an empty stomach. Hope your knee is better.

Anonymous said...

I can stand pain if I can't feel it....so I will take a pill, if necessary. Hope your knee feels better, as well as your tummy. Betty

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Thanks for the laugh. I think that's it for me, too!

Thank you for joining my blog GIVE AWAY! wishing you a wonderful weekend, and good luck with the knee. I think some more chocolate will make it feel better.
xo Lidy

Anonymous said...

Hehe cute story. To bad I don't have pain pills so I have a reason to eat! darn

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

LOL!!! That is your story and you are sticking to it, right? I love it!!
Hugs,
Penny

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...