Thursday, January 3, 2008

This is interesting..

My daughter April sent me this and I thought it was interesting enough to pass on:

Don't delete this just because it looks weird. Believe it or not, you can read it.

"I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? "

Wow, to think that someone else went to the same typing school that I did is amazing! I find I type (or word process...don't want to 'age' myself..) I am dyslexic...not that you've ever noticed, huh?
"So this guy walks into a bra..."

The hardest word for me is 'thanks' - usually comes out at 'thnaks' which sounds like a person with a lisp trying to ask for a treat....

Even when I "proof" my writing, my eyes see what my mind want them to see.

Which is not all that new of an observation to me. After all, I've seen myself through 'skinny' eyes all my life.

And if I'm not particularly paying attention and I happen to walk past a mirror or a reflective window, I am....uh..... shocked at the distortion (yeah right) of what I see as my shape.

Like the other day in the Doctor's office. When they weighed me, I had to look behind me to see who was standing on the scale with me.......

Oh well. New year, new chances to do better. Right after all the Chocolate-dipped Peanut-Butter balls are gone....

...oh yeah, and that box of Godiva chocolates Mr. B's brother sent....

"Bless me Weight Watchers, for I have sinned. It has been 2 years since my last meeting...."

Hey, go out there and have some fun today. I know I am....
-me

4 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Yep, after all the chocolate is gone, I plan to confess to W.W. too! You are so funny! By the way, I have an off topic question for you... do you have Lulu's eyelashes trimmed when she is groomed? I love the look of Butter's long eyelashes, but for some reason the groomer always want to cut them. Does it cause more tearing? Do you have that problem?

The Feathered Nest said...

I read that little paragraph as smoothly as ever!!! Does that say something about me? You crack me up Colleen....I love reading you! "Bless me Weight Watchers..." xxoo, Dawn

Anonymous said...

I thought something was wrong with me writting this way and now I know im normal! Thanks.

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

re reading some of your older posts: the typos.. how funny. thnaks.

Had me laughing out loud.

I always type my daughters name:
Peyton
Peytong.

Then I go all Asian on her. Peytong Peytong..
lol
d

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...