Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I know I don't "do" math......

...however, I know that when it snows 17 inches and your pups are 17 & 15 inches from....ah...stem to stern..(no.... that'd be from their nose to their bum....) OK...from tippy top of their heads to the pads on their little feet, you have a problem.

And it snowed 17 inches the other day, on top of the frozen blechy-dirty snow we've had for a while.....yes, we have a problem.


Lulu, our Princess warrior, is not afraid of anything. Just try to tell her we think she should wear a coat in the winter...let alone doggie booties? HA! No way. Not gunna do it...not at this time..or any other time...no how.

Braxton, well, he, as Eeyore would, says, "ok....whatever....I can just 'hold it' if you want me to...I'll be OK...I can cross my legs...don't worry about me...(heavy sigh)....."



So what's a good Dad to do? Dig trenches, spots, curves, trails and a snow-maze for your little pups.....



What a guy! Such a good plan, eh? One would certainly think so....

Lulu "got" the whole concept really quickly. Went out and did her "thing".....


.....although when running back into the warm house, I swear I heard her say something like "..are you NUTS? Do you have any idea how COLD it is out there?? I don't see you out there, doing your thing in the snow!"

Braxton, well, he took a little convincing..."Come on Braxie! It's OK! Really...it's not all THAT cold!..Come on, Braxie...Braxton....BRAXTON! COME OUT HERE NOW and go potty! No, I see you running back into the house......you didn't "go " yet! Come on......please buddy...."


"You want me to do WHAT? Out here?? In the COLD?? You're kiddin me, right??"


Sorry pups. At least you can cuddle together on the bed. Mommy & Daddy have to go to work. And DRIVE in this stuff. And watch the cars ahead of them do donuts on the ice..and...and...and...

OK, you're right. It's NOT the same thing. WE can go inside...in the warm bathroom...sorry.


..and where is Mom while all of this is going on ???? Yeah, we thought so.....

yeah, yeah,,,,...we love you, too....
XXOO,
Braxton & Lulu

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talk about thick blood! Looks like Randy is out there with short sleeves and no coat....ouch! At least he has on a hat. Love ya. Betty

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. You know here in the South our temps. have been no where close to yours and snow..hum we cols that few fluffs we had snow,but when I open my door early each morn. for my Java boy to go tinkle he turns and runs back in. I don't think he could make it there at all.

Victoria said...

Ha ha. Very cute dogs. That's quite a bit of snow. I hope you got all dug out.

ancient one said...

Hey, I think you have my spot...I'm the one usually lying around under the quilt. That was funny. I never thought about doggies having that problem. Probably because I don't have any inside doggies.

the tattered nest said...

tell that man to put some socks on! brrrr........

Little Penpen said...

What a good daddy! That's the way it is at our house too.... daddy takes them out in the cold, while mommy sits inside under the blanket. (I might turn on the gas logs for them to warm up by when they come back inside... see, I do my part!) Poor doggies.... mine would probably never make it outside in that kind of snow!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...