Sunday, January 27, 2008

Well, it's past midnight....

...so I guess I officially didn't blog for Saturday.

That's OK, though, because Saturday was filled to the brim. With good things.

I have accepted a new position with a company still within the scrapbooking industry and I am thrilled!

I'll have heat in the winter and cool in the summer and a cubicle and friends and lots of exciting new opportunities.

I sadly, will leave friends, good bosses, fun atmosphere and being able to wear jeans ans T-shirts everyday.

So what's a girl to do??

SHOP! You betcha.

Gota have new clothes for a new job, right? It's kinda like starting a new school year - you can't wear what you've been wearing to "play" in for so many months.

So that's what we did for the early part of the day - I got 2 new pairs of shoes, 2 velveteen, plush hoodies...
(OK, so I LOVE hoodies..whatcha gunna do?)

And my Mother-in-Law bought me some great camisole-shirts to wear under my overshirts or hoodies.
But the best was yet to come.

On Saturdays we have the newlyweds over for dinner. Tonight was no exception.

EXCEPT....Mrs. P (the newlywed bride) has been making some absolutely gorgeous jewelry. One of a kind pieces. And what she brought over to show me, well 2 of the sets went beautifully with both of my new hoodies!

And they will add just that hint of "grown-up" I will need. (I am, after all, the Queen of Comfort!)

Let me show ya what I mean............

This one will be worn with my new rust/brown hoodie....
And this one................

...can be worn very well with the black one...as a matter of fact - they will both coordinate with either of the jackets...

Here are a few more pieces she has for sale...

She does quality work with quality supplies. She'll make custom lengths, earrings, bracelets and charges a fair and decent price. So far the necklaces range from $15 ~ $2o and the "sets" (either bracelets or earrings to match the necklace) range from $20 ~ $25.
If you are interested, please let me know and I'll get you all the details. My son takes them with him to work and can't keep them long enough to even show me!



We are very proud of her and her work.

I am always amazed the talents people have - diverse, wonderful, unique and special.

Thanks for letting me brag!

And, maybe this year, the Easter bunny should bring jewelry instead of all that candy! ...well...maybe in ADDITION TO candy....
-me

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job!! Glad to hear you won't be in a hot/cold warehouse, even though I know you will miss your former co-workers.

Beautiful jewelry...when will she have her website up and running?

Take care. Betty

Laurie and Chris said...

Congratulations on your NEW job!!! The jewelry is so pretty!! She does great job. Have a good Sunday!

the tattered nest said...

Congrats on the new job! that sounds like fun, getting new clothes and jewelery! nothing better. I always thought your job sounded like fun...to be surrounded by the things you love! you lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

Congrats and can't wait to see it all together. I love velvet and hoodies too. I can always dress them up. I love browns and blacks because you can add reds and rust and change it out.

Senior Bowler-Carolyn said...

Congrats on the new job..so nice to have new experiences and do ever really loose the people you work with...I still connect with my Florida Friends and I have been gone 4 years..


Jewelry is gorgeous...talented people.....your one of them...

Little Penpen said...

Congrats! on the new job. I didn't realize you worked in the scrapbooking industry.... what a cool job! Mrs. P does awesome work... she needs an Etsy shop, if she doesn't already have one!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! Oh my gosh you will have to give her my copliments! I want some! I really do! I will call you to get some!

Pearl said...

This young lady really does have talent! I've seen so much homemade and this is beautiful.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...