Friday, January 11, 2008

Gratitude….

I know we are all grateful for the biggie thing in our lives: love, children, health, home. You know…


But this is about the “little things”…


In the shower this morning, I realized how grateful I am for my….. scrubbie…
Those little netted delights that come in such pretty colors…



Just put a teensy amount of liquid soap (Yet another thing to be grateful for!) and you get TONZZ of bubbles!





It’s like a standing-bubble bath… The bubbles go on forever- the more water you add, the better they grow.

And the smell…hmmm...heaven. You can literally go on a mini-vacation while taking your standing-bubble bath. Coconut, flowers, rain, you name it.


The advances in the 20th century (or is it the 21st?..I always get that mixed-up?) are mind boggling.

Just think, only a few years ago the best thing to happen to soap was “soap on a rope”



– glad that one’s gone. Drippy soap hanging down all the time. Who thought of that one? It must have been done by “committee”….


Now when I look into my shower, I see a rainbow of pretty colors. We added some “s” hooks to the metal caddy and – viola! Hang your individually colored scrubbie and it’s spring in the shower in the middle of winter!



I can’t even imagine what we did before scrubbies – washcloths? And soap? Oh yeah…and the rope..ick…
Anyway, just wanted to remind you to look for the little extraordinary in our daily lives to be grateful for…

Think I’ll go take a shower and go on vacation…………
-me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you need more let me know=) I think ever darn gift set I bought had them. I throw them away....opps

Little Penpen said...

I didn't know anyone actually used scrubbies! I, too, like Brenda above, just throw them out. Hmmm... maybe I'll try one!

Anonymous said...

I love those scrubbies, Grammie! It's pretty much a trip highlight when we go to your house and you have those "baby" scrubbies fopr all of us so we don't use each others' by accident. They're amazing at exfoliating, too!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...