Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I love you guys..seriously..


really..I do.

Just tonight, I got home from a particularly l.o.o.o.n.g. day and was surprised to find a rather large box that the lovely and talented Mailman had delivered..

{I actually don't know our mailman, but the Universe of Colleen, all mailmen are talented and lovely..Kinda like the "Stepford Post Office"}


So, I had received earlier in the week an email asking for my address from Laurie of  http://buttonsnlace.blogspot.com/  ({who just happens to be having a wOndERfuL give away RIGHT NOW!} sent me a package..

But oh no..not just an ordinary package..this package made me squeal with delight and surprise, then reading her words on the card, brought tears to my eyes {and I think even Mr. B had some moisture in his eyes}

So you wanna see what brought such delight?

OK..


..handmade...by Laurie..for me...

Yes.. That is Ella Ireland !

Barring even Ella for a moment, is that not the prettiest, most amazing piece of artwork you've seen??

I mean, the ribbon embroidery, the pearl trims, the colors and the laces..

Amazing..truly..

And to say "thank you" just doesn't seem big enough..

But those words are from my heart..in the hugest way ..humongous..ginormous..
Big..big..

Laurie, you are amazing and I am so very fortunate ..

to you all, for you all..

many tanks..


-me

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Laurie does beautiful crazy quilting doesnt she? I am envious!

Little Penpen said...

Beautiful... lucky you! And little Ella just "makes" the pillow complete!

Vee said...

Wow! How very special...

Laurie said...

You are most welcome Colleen, I meant every word. Working on this was an honor, and prayers for you are in every stitch. I loved this picture of Ella the moment I saw it, and knew it had to be the centerpiece of your pillow. She's gorgeous! Enjoy.

Art by Darla Kay said...

That is beautiful!!! Hey and you are loved back! ♥

RoeH said...

I likey!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's incredibly gorgeous, Colleen! Perfection!!! and !!!
:)
Zuzu

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That pillow is beautiful and what a special treat to have Ella on it.
Lucky you - you are loved.

Sherry Goodloe said...

oooo weeeee that is one Beee u teee ful pillow! Wow!

Unknown said...

That is a most gorgeous pillow. I would have been shocked ! All that and a picture in the middle. Good for you, or as they say in England, "Good on you".

Tanks for showing them to us.

Vicki/Jake said...

Oh, what a special keepsake she made for you. Makes my eyes a little wet too. Awesome!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...