Thursday, August 7, 2008

OK, well you know I've had some strange calls at my job...

..in Customer Service over the years...the man who told me, after asking me how I spell my name, that I was "pronouncing it incorrectly".. "You should be saying COOOleen, not Colleen with a soft "o" ...

..Or the woman from England that thought the way I said "Route" ..was "funny" (like ..odd...)....remember her? She said she was "Sarah..with an 'H' .." ??

And I said, "well that's odd.... Over here we spell Sarah with an 'S'.." ?

BWAAAHaHAaa!

Well, here's a new one. Spoke with a lovely man in the UK who had the most loveliest of accents..

We spoke about the time difference and "when you colonists are sleeping, we here in the UK are working..and visa versa"

"Colonists"! Isn't that cute!! I don't think I've ever been called a 'colonist' before..a lot of other names maybe, but never a "Colonist"...sound so refined...soooo English...!!

Anyway, after we discussed his DNA and all that represented and I sound all, like a brain-e-ack and all..we said "Cheerio!" ... well, not that exact word.. more like "OK then, well, Good-bye"

Didn't think too much about it except the fact that I had actually dialed a phone and spoke to someone across the OCEAN..!!

How flippen' cool is that?? In ENGLAND..

I was "ringing him up"...in ENGLAND- for cracker's sakes!

OK, so then this morning, I open my email and there's an email from him. Seems he's "fallen in love with your voice" and "most American's I speak to are loud and harsh, but your voice sounded sweet and soft...."

Wha?? Me? Are you nuts??

Oh, I must have been using my "you're -speaking-to-someone-in-friggin-England (!!) -be-nice" phone voice...

Then, are you ready for this.....he asked if I'd send a..........photo!!

Oh no you di-ent just say that....

Good thing I was reading this and NOT speaking to him on the phone..I was already stammering
and being nervous..a photo?...are you nuts?? a photo? of me?? whatthehell??

But, being I was always trained to give excellent customer service ...and against my better judgement...I agreed. Told him this was "before my first cup of coffee.."




"Dax"

He did write back.....said we were "look-alikes"...now I'm really scared.

Ah well, I really DID like this job......

-me (I'm just messing with you - my boss loved it!)

7 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

I think you look pretty
'with-it' oh girl...for first thing in the morning...don't wanna see those eyes after the first cup o joe though...

sharon

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Hey Colleen! I have a Scots-Irish/Cherokee heritage! I have one daughter and one little precious grandaughter. Both of them could be on posters promoting Ireland! But me..... the beautiful red hair & blue eyes skipped me! My Mom had it too. Oh well!
Thanks for visiting my blog. I have been laughing at your latest post and must find the time to explore it more. What a wonderful sense of humor you have!
I look forward to getting to know you better. I'm adding you to my blogroll, if that's okay with you. Us Grammies need to stick together! :)

Laurie and Chris said...

Oh my goodness that is so funny! Your job sounds very interesting. I hope your hubby doesn't get too upset that you sent him a photo. LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...Now I want to hear your lovely dulcet tones!

Little Penpen said...

You go girl!!!! That sweet sexy voice of yours is about to get you in trouble!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

LOL! Well, I think you must have a lovely voice. As for your picture - what a sweet mug!
Hugs,
Penny

Betty said...

That picture probably DOES look just like him...the English guy, I mean! I'd say 'English gentleman', but I'm not too sure he is one.

I laughed 'til my sides hurt when you told us this story IN PERSON! It's just as funny reading here.

You are a RIOT!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...