Friday, February 29, 2008

OK, so this is probably not a chipper entry...

...but I feel most of you are with me for the good, the bad and the ugly, right? All I can say is it's a good thing they don't have "Live blogs" - you'd see me here in my jammies and no make-up with a frowny-face and blurry eyes...

I don't know if it's the realization that I'm out of a job and have to re-enter the workforce once again or the chaos of having the house in disarray.

Maybe it's that both of those issues are all mine - I was an OK housekeeper at best, teetering on good, but definately not great. Things got dusty and no matter how I put a spin on it, dust is not a "protective coating" for furniture. And there is no better time to realize that as when you are trying to put back together a room and find all your things are heavy with dust.

And the job thing - well I'm a "long-timer" - stay with jobs for quite a while - usually - but the last few years have been rough. And as I am getting older I find I cannot do some of the things that once came easily to me - like staying awake past PM - or lifting, serving, standing for long periods..yadda, yadda, yadda.

Waa, waa...someone call me a "waaaambulance".

Ok, good, I'm better now.

The curtains came! Had to wash them and iron them to be able to correctly cut to hem them, but I can't wait! I wish there were more than 24 hours in a day - that way I could get more done..


(why on earth is she smiling???......She must be high on something...probably cleaning-product fumes...)


Mr. B suggested that instead of just placing things on the long shelf like I had, to place them in vignettes - a word I didn't even know he knew - but he was right. I made these ...how do they look?

Still have empty walls to fill with fun pictures of family "then & now"..

And we still need to make the corner end-table-bookcase-thingy that's in Mr. B's head - kinda hard to help when I can't see in there..notice I said "we still need to make..."? Mr. B always says, "you said "we"..do you have a mouse in your pocket??"

Anyway, I'm going to take my grumpy, pitty-party self to bed. I know the morning will brighter.....

well, duh..of course, it won't be "night" anymore, silly!

g'night

-me

8 comments:

Kentucky Bound said...

Would you care for some fresh French bread and cheese to go with your whine, madam? Isn't living in the land of blog a wonderful thing? We can sit around in our jammies and pour our hearts out to dozens of our closest "friends" (most of which we have never laid eyes on). It's not QUITE as good as face to face personal contact with someone, but at 4AM when most of the rest of our world is sound asleep and we really just need to "talk" - well, it just doesn't get any better than this!

P.S. Your remodel is looking absolutely beautiful! Can hardly wait to see the finished project!

Blessings!
Liz

the tattered nest said...

Oh Colleen I am right there with you..been reeeeeeeeeeeeally crabby lately...a change in the weather would help. Glad to hear you are keeping busy while you are in between jobs. Everything happens for a reason and soon that new job will be coming your way! Have a great weekend... p.s. it all looks so pretty, tell the Mr. he did a fantastic job! and I love all of your collections, nice job putting them together!

The Feathered Nest said...

I really do believe that all things that happen to us have a purpose and reason ~ and just around the corner there is something wonderful waiting for you!! You'll see it soon ~ Your room is gorgeous!!! I love the vignettes! Your hubby's right ~ I know you hate to hear that dear :). Have a wonderful Friday sweetie! xxoo, Dawn

Anonymous said...

Your vignettes are "vabulous"...Mr. B has a good eye for decorating, as do you. With all your talents, I just know the future holds something great for you...hope it hurries, for your sake. About the dust, I just tell people I don't care if they write in my dust, just don't put the date. Love, Betty

ancient one said...

Hey... your displays on the shelves are so interesting. Learned something new today!! LOL

The room is looking great!

Anonymous said...

Why is she smiling? That poor woman is not smiling - she has become totally deranged and is laughing hysterically!
LOOOOOve your blog!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Colleen!
Can I come to your pity party? I have them myself from time to time. Hope things are looking up for you.

Love your vignettes! What a great hubbie...love that he likes to help decorate and remodel. I have one like that too!
Hugs,
Penny

Little Penpen said...

Everything looks wonderful! The woman is smiling because she doesn't have to leave her home for a job every morning. She knows she can enjoy her home all day long, and as soon as she finishes those chores she is doing, she can get to the fun stuff... scrapbooking, sewing, quilting, soap operas, etc... LOL

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...