Sunday, February 3, 2008

love....simple word...so complex...so special...


yes, indeedy, the word "love" , especially in the month of February, conjures up pictures of weddings, roses, diamonds and valentines...

But many times, love presents itself in the little ordinary every-day things that happen. So this post is going to be a little "sappy" ...a little "lovey" if you will.

I'd blame it on PMS, but since I no longer have to worry about that, I will blame it on SMS - Sappy Mood Swings.

It snowed again. a lot. heavy, wet, cold snow with wind. bone chilling.
And, as I awoke from my more-than-unusual-late-morning-sleep, there was my husband, red-faced, shoveling heavy wet snow.

I know he must hate doing it. I would. He has to get up extra early, he does it by the letter of the law, meaning NOT tossing it back into the streets like so many others do, but piling it high, and having to toss it up and over instead of just pushing it into the roadway.

That's love. He knows I am not physically able to do it- and the last time I did, was right before I found out I had cancer -so it has a "bad feeling" for me.

Love is also what new brides show when they make certain the son , now new husband, comes home on Saturdays to have dinner with his folks. Even though his folks may be a tad bit boring. The new bride doesn't ever show that she may rather be doing something more, uh, fun?

Love is what mother-in-laws show who steals away your laundry and does it because they know you have a bum knee and the stairs are hard. For 3 weeks now. And not want so much as a thank-you. So, THANK YOU.

Love is what makes one sister so angry at doctors that can't figure out what's wrong with you those 10 years ago.
And love also show itself when the other sister travels to from another state to be in the hospital, and cries with you after you have yet another procedure.

What I am trying to say is that love shows itself constantly. And it doesn't always say out loud "I LOVE YOU" although that's always nice to hear.

But one must listen for the ways love speaks, and appreciate them as well.

So, go out there today and show some love. Even if it's no more than getting up early so your husband can have the freshest lunch sandwich and not one that's been in the fridge overnight.

That's just one way I try to show Mr. B how much I love him...


-me



5 comments:

the tattered nest said...

Amen. It is the things people do sometimes...not what they say. Great Post! not sappy at all...

Senior Bowler-Carolyn said...

I think the love between sisters is probably one of the greatest forces of nature.....don't get in our way ......

Anonymous said...

I think most everything you say and do shows love, and lots of it! As a wife, mother, sister and really good friend, you are one of the very best! LOVE to you. Betty

a Pocket Angel said...

Hello Utah Grammie, What a lovely and fun post this is! Thanks for sharing it.
I LOVE the photo of you and Hubby Randy behind the frame.. Now that is love :-} Also what a precious Dog graphic.
Glad I found your blog, I've enjoyed it.
Blessin ~Mary~IsabellasCloset

Little Penpen said...

Love is truly seen in the little things we do.... not the flowers and chocolate on Valentines Day. The gifts would mean nothing without love!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...