Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hi...

Well, it's back to work tomorrow - then the week-end will be upon us.
The trip was what it was..

We walked...


..and Owen was on his leash..and I cast a very l.o.n.g shadow...




We drank lots and lots and lots of coffee..



We found photographic evidence proof of real angles..ok..sort of squished..or pressed, yeah, like flowers in a book...




But proof none the less...

And hearts..many of which are broken now, but will heal..and be strong..like this rock heart we found..




Molly met a few dogs along the way who seemed to be giving their condolences as well..


{Miss Molly}






My sister started her radiation on January 4th and my brother left us on the 5th..she had had a little over a week of radiation for her cancer and she somehow got pneumonia while Kathy and I were there..she still has 7 more weeks to go...

She's feeling pretty rough and we'll have to see what this will do to her treatments..meanwhile Kathy stayed to help feed the horses and  to drive her the 80 mile round trip to her treatments. {which last all of 10 minutes}







Country living does have it's drawbacks..

..but the views...ah yes..the views...










And now we'll start a new chapter in our lives..the three of us without our brother. And we will laugh..and know he's looking out for us ..and smile when he sees me slipping just a little Bailey's Irish Cream in my tea..(oh, you gotta try this!)

A sign that I bought before Christmas was just delivered for the kitchen ..it reads...

"It's good to be home"

Yes, it is..and I really missed you all...
Thank you all for your love and support.

15 comments:

Vicki/Jake said...

So,so glad to see you back Colleen, you have been much missed...
And I know about starting a new chapter...It'll take you some time to catch up but you will.

My thoughts have been with you and your sisters. Keep the laughter going and be there for each other, as I know you will.

And what beautiful pictures to share. Love the sunset

Life goes on...

Did I tell ya how glad I am that you're back??? Ya, good to be HOME.

Julie said...

Colleen, I am so sorry for the rough time you are going through. I am praying for you.

Bailey's in tea? Hmm..

I've had it in coffee as per tradition, and that is great.

diane b said...

So sad! You and your sisters are having a bad time. Not a good start to 2010. Hopefully things will improve, especially for your sister having treatment. It is lovely to have you back and hopefully your humour will return and ease your pain. Lots of love and hugs.

Heather said...

Happy to have you back. A beautiful re-cap even with the lows. I'll be praying for your sister.

RoeH said...

We are all with you! There is something about home, isn't there.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Gentle hugs, Colleen...

Vee said...

Colleen, it's good to have you home. Such a tender time is a grieving season and I am praying that you and your sisters always feel the comfort you need. My very best to your sister as she goes through her treatments...and to the sisters who will think of her every minute 'til she's well again.

Coleen said...

Hi Colleen,

My heart is with you ... may your heart mend with stitches of love that is being sent to you

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

Little Penpen said...

I'm so sorry.... the pic's of the dogs, looking so lost and lonesome, really touched me. I'm sorry for you and your family's loss.... I know you will miss your brother. I hope your sis gets along great!

Anonymous said...

Missed you, Colleen.

It's been almost 4 years now since my sister passed. She wasn't just my sister - she was my best friend. I still 'talk' with her everyday, and see the twinkle in her eyes and hear her laugh when I do something silly.

It is a new chapter to go on without those we love so very dearly. But that's just exactly what they would want us to do - and I think they would want us to remember all the good times we had together and continue to smile and laugh and tell the stories whenever we think of them - every day.

Big hugs,
Zuzu

Karen said...

Colleen, my heart so grieves for you. I know how difficult it is to say goodbye to someone you loved so much.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I glad that you are home and I am so sorry for you loss. I am also sorry that your sister is ill. I will pray for her. Beautiful pictures and a few that made me laugh. Welcome Home to the world of blog!

Betty said...

I'm so glad you are home safely; I'm sure Randy, Braxie and Lulu are happy, as well!

Such lovely memories as you have of Larry will help you now. I'm glad Kathy stayed to help Gerri through her treatments. You are such a great family!

Hugs to you and yours.

Unknown said...

sorry about the lose of your brother. glad you are home safe and sound. blessings to you and your family!

Charmingdesigns said...

Glad you're back dear friend!!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...