Wednesday, September 3, 2008

H.O.G .Wild......



Yep - that's me...One Big-Bad-Biker-Chick-Momma...


My son - DammitAndy...you know him...Well, he's a biker now. Has been one for a while ....

Not like the bad bikers in the movie Wild Hogs...


But not as nerdy/straight-laced as the Wild Hogs - kind of a cross between the two..







Anyway, he & his fiancée, Barb, have a new house and wanted his Dad and I to see it..so they decided to have a cook-out on Sunday - with the "boys" - the biker-boys...




They were actually worried about meeting the "Mom & Dad"...probably more the Mom-part than the Dad-part...

So I wanted them to feel comfortable (but not too comfortable..youknowwhatImean??




Mr. B and I went to the store to try to find "age-appropriate-biker-chick-clothes" (??) but really couldn't (surprise surprise..) so I ended up with a black T-shirt with an ironed-on skull and roses...silver skull earrings, an orange leather wrist band with skulls and spikey things...and women's-plus-jeans! LOL!

We figured we needed a little more (can you imagine??) so Emily gave be a "lick-on-tattoo" Bwwhahaaaa! I was a sight!

Of course, I felt I needed to explain my get-up for fear they'd think I dressed like this all the time..

You know, when you try to embarrass your kids, they still turn the tables - Andy wore his "combat boots" (he was working hard on his beautiful yard) and swim trunks (just in case) and a biker T-shirt..what a sight!



Then he asked for my help with, get this, making jar-tea-light-candle-holders for the yard!! Seems he's been watching too much Martha...





I made my famous Pineapple-Pecan cake for the party - then Andy said he wanted one for himself - then Chris (son-in-law) said he wanted one since I was making it as his house after all...so I ended up making 3 of them -

Have you ever seen bikers LOVE love love your baking? And tell each other "You gotta try that cake - it's amazing!" " It's pineapple and pecans and this creamy-smooth frosting!"

I half expected them to ask for the recipe...(they had their biker-chicks ask!)

Anyway, it was a really fun night. And they are a GREAT group of people and I am proud to call them friends...!



So, don't judge people by their clothes - just becasue one has tatoos, spikes, wears black and is one tough biker - it MAY just be someone's Mother!!

-me (dammitAndy's Mom)

9 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

You do make me smile!! Love the dammitAndy lol. Laurie

Brenda said...

Very nice home and what a sweet mom.

Senior Bowler-Carolyn said...

I think you should share your Pineapple Pecan cake with the creamy icing recipe with us so we can impress our biker or non-biker kids. I have a biker wanna be sister---she has the helmet but not the "biker chick" stuff....like you found out ..age apporpraite is hard to find at 59 (that's her age)

white o'morn cottage said...

Great post! I think your Andy is very cute!

Mary said...

It's crazy that we judge by clothing. Some of my best bank customers are the ones who have the purple hair and spikes. I loved the pictures and I love that you are one proud biker mama!
mary

Sweet Repose said...

Is DammitAndy sorta like NoScratchyNo...hmm,love your new look...I have greater respect now...do you do graffiti on your frosting...always LOL with you...%)

sharon...glad to have you back!

madrekarin said...

I love that you threw yourself right into the fun. I'm really glad you had a great time.

Laurie and Chris said...

We learned when my Dad was so sick that his biker friends had the biggest hearts and the a very soft spot for his family. They did great things for us.I looks and sounds like you had a great time.

Betty said...

Bikers rock (and roll....along)! Andy is too cute and you look like you belong...great 'get-up'. Nice house and pool. Too fun! Love ya.