Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Today's post will be all over the place...

....guess it's because some days I feel "all over the place" - you know, start one chore or project -then get up to do something else, then find yet another thing that needs to be done - pretty soon you're out of day and haven't really 'finished' one thing?

So, OK, my brother Larry - the Kindergarten Cowboy? He lives in a very small community in Southern Arizona. Small but fun. They do fun, sorta odd things.

Like..........

Their Annual St. Patrick's Day Chili Cook-off...I didn't even know St. Paddy liked chili...hmmmm...

Anyway, they have all sorts of things to do, well for a really small community.... ...of ranchers, retired folks, ladies with blue hair....

They have a volunteer fire department. Volunteer... Gee, I guess if a house was burning, you'd hope all those who volunteered really meant it..huh?

Anyway, they have fund raisers for the volunteer fire department of which my brother helps with.

So this year, at the chili cook-off, he decided to have a game called "Chicken Chip Bingo" (say that fast 5 times..)

Maybe some of you are familiar with this game, but I wasn't..

You take a piece of plywood. Paint it and make squares that you number. The rest is where I go "Huh"..

You have people place wagers on just which square the chicken will...ah....put down her "chip" (as in Oh CHIP! I hit my finger with a hammer..) they pay for the chance, and if they "win" , they split the whole pot with the fire department half and half. So the more people you get to wager the bigger the pot...and the more fun as you see and hear grown-up folks try to convince the chicken to "chip" in their square....

Hmmm small town life, you say...





'nuf said...

Then, there was a small little café my Mother-in-Law and I went to - they had their "soup of the day" listed on a plain white plate standing up - written in dry-erase marker.

Hey!.. I thought, what a fun idea!

You don't know how many times I have written notes only to be stumped as to where to leave them-

...on the bathroom mirror?

...on the fridge?

...on the door?

Well, here's my rendition....

OK, so I'd better get busy and do something...right after I make the bed..then, oh, have to get that load of laundry...oh, empty the dishwasher..answer the phone..better clean out the fridge..Oh Braxton, just 5 minutes of Mommy's lap...now, what was I doing??

Have a fun day and don't let the chicken chip get you down!

-me

4 comments:

Xerofall said...

I like the new page layout.

Little Penpen said...

chicken chip bingo... sounds fun! Like the note on the plate idea!

Anonymous said...

Your new banner is 'The Bees Knees"
and what a great idea for the plate/notice board. Who'd a thunk it?...I'm going to do that too. I have a lovely plate on a hanger so I am going to hang a marker from that to leave important notes - like "Bring me breakfast in bed"...I'll post a picture. Thanks for that. Love ...Pam

Kentucky Bound said...

Sounds like a fun game for the next church picnic!

P.S. Love the plate!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...