Saturday, March 29, 2008

Oh, it's late....

..but I really haven't forgotten to blog today. It's just that we've had a really good day, just the "he and me".




Well, just the "he and me" until the newlyweds came over. Not that I didn't want the newlyweds over, I asked them to come over and have dinner and a movie. Transformers...go figure. But it was actually OK. A little long, but I liked the young guy. And the Mom. And Mojo.

So the "he" made BBQ'd ribs (oven style) and baked potatoes, corn & bread. I made cookies.

It's like, "he" built the window seat, bookcases, shelf and I made throw pillows. Hmmm...do I see a pattern here?

He's on Broadway and I'm the understudy. He's the Big Mac and I'm the fries....

He's Gladys Knight and I'm a Pip...

He's the enchilada plate and I'm the refried beans...

You get the point.

And that's OK - because what's the burger without the fries? And I love refried beans especially when you mix them with the rice...And, well, who could forget the contribution the Pips had on music, right?

Now where was I........oh yeah..the day. Slept in a little bit then the pups walked me. It was pretty cool & blustery (love that word -" blustery" - I remember it from Winnie the Pooh. Love Pooh, but not the "new" Pooh in the red shirt and silly grin and the voice that sounds like he needs to clear his throat.... I like old Pooh...)




There I go again.


OK - so we went to the hardware store, Costco then home and waited for the kids. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but really nice just the same.

I was tagged by Kentucky Bound to to write a six word memoir about myself...Hard to put one's life into six words...well, for me anyway, but here goes: (oh there are more rules but I don't exactly know how to link or those other things, so if you wanna play, consider yourself tagged, OK??)

Silly - that's what makes life fun



Kind - especially to animals. Actually probably more to animals because I think they are in our care granted by God Himself..



Forgetful - ahhh, yes, that would be me. Keys, phone numbers, names...you know....



Procrastinator - I still have a baby nightgown pattern pinned on flannel that I was going to make for Andy - yes, Dammit-Andy the 38 year old biker. Wouldn't his biker buddies like to see that??


Irish - To be totally truthful - Irish-American. 2nd. generation. And I know God loves us all - He just loved the Irish first.... Survivor - and proud of it. I've survived damn near everything. Cancer, bad starter marriage, 4 teenagers...teenage GIRLS!.....NATURAL childbirth for heaven's sakes! Need I say more???


So there you go - the history of me in 6 words.....

How about you? If you had to sum up yourself in 6 words, what would they be?? Kind of a fun exercise, dontcha think??

g'night....

-me

6 comments:

Laurie and Chris said...

I love "He" and "Me" days. We only see each other twice a week because of the shifts we work so most weekends we stay in the house and just spend time with each and try to get caught up with the week. Have a great day!!

Jean said...

I just discovered you thru Laurie and Chris. She's my daughter and he's my favorite son-in-law. Love your writing style! Real fun reads.

Anonymous said...

hello im back ,here in ireland its himself and herself days and sometimes i call him the leader of the opposition my dad calls mam she who must be obeyed, great picture of your son i have an andy too mine is 22 a grand lad take care angie .

Kentucky Bound said...

Thanks for playing "tag" with me. Hope you don't mind me adding a word to your list . . . ENTERTAINING! Without fail I know I can log on to your blog and have my spirits lifted by reading about your day.

Blessings!
Liz

Anonymous said...

What an awesome picture of the two of you!! definatly a keeper!! You both look like super fun!!
mandii

Anonymous said...

omg! you are a HOOT!!! here i sit at the computer at 10:22 p.m. lauging out loud to myself, no one but me home... =0) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog. i WILL be back. debbie p.s. i absolutely ADORE the photo of you and your hubby in the frame =)

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...