Sunday, March 21, 2010

So, I mentioned an Estate sale..

"..just a quick little one Estate sale, Mr. B...I promise! OK? "

And so it was. Just one. Little. Estate sale.

But I found the best things..things no one else seemed to want...can't imagine..shook my head a little..but oh well. That makes it better for moi!

Just look at this old sheet music...




It is a little worse for wear..



But really really neat looking..

Yep, 1914..

Nope, I wasn't around back then..


1911
( it reads..MCMXI...I had to look it up, and yep, 1911 it is..)


then there was this..



Owned by Mrs. Etta Symes..in 1921

Nope, still before my time..


Looks like she got it brand new.


..and it's still quite relevant..I do speak English..and I do seem to have "Minute a Day"..just one.  Minute.
 A day. For English...and I AM a 'busy people" after all...


...and this...autographed by...??


Hmmm..probably not...

..but pretty cool all the same..



yeppers, me loves old books :-)

And no, they were not mine in school..

.
Only one thing could bring this out in my kitchen....


Yep, a darling little girl's apron that I discovered in one of the kitchen drawers.




Guess the Estate people thought no one would be interested.

They were wrong.


Isn't it just a charmer?!



And then I really did buy one of these to work on at my leisure..

I hope your weekend was enjoyable..

What might  you find at an Estate sale that would make your heart flutter??

-me

14 comments:

Lori R. said...

My fav... the apron! OMG that is adorable... Mr. B... he sure is a sweety letting you stop!

RoeH said...

I LOVVVVVE estate sales. I have my email set up to let me know what's going on around me. They're like any yard sale...some are great...some are still...just junk. I'm very picky.

Art by Darla Kay said...

You found some absolute treasures Colleen!! The last couple of sales I've been to have had NOTHING of interest...very depressing! With summer coming, there should be more and I hope to be as lucky as you!!
Have a super week!

Trudy said...

All such wonderful treasures. I'm a book person, too. Just love old books. And that is such a darling apron. I wonder if the puppy face was hand embroidered? Sew cute. Now you've got me wanting to go to an estate sale.

A Wild Thing said...

I wish you could meet Lorie R. she is such a hoot, as a matter of fact, the 3 of us could be sisters, we like a good bit of trouble to get in, have great sense of humor...and love trash...I mean quality antiques...

I grab every old book I can find and who knows, this collage thing may be my thang...and how many dictionaries can one person have...as I look around, there are 4 within arms reach...just love the vintage look to them, like someone actually used them! And boy do I use them...

Have a wonderful sunny week and quit sending the snow East...OK...!

s

Rae said...

Wow....thanks for sharing all your wonderful finds....I love old books.
I can just smell them. and sheet music, so much of a find.
You did good!!!!!

The apron is oh so cute too.

Laurie said...

I love the apron, the old sheet music, well all of it! What would make my heart skip a beat is if I could find and old Shwinn bike with a basket. Yeah with fenders, real handle bars. And a comfy bike seat.

Vee said...

Oh that apron is darling...what a find! The music? Got a pile of it to the ceiling so not that. The books? Ditto. Oh, but an autographed Dictionary...THAT I don't have! What would I like to find? A million dollars tucked into the apron pocket? Think I'd have to give it back? Shoot!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the old books and the little apron. You did good. I went over after your post the other day and bought myself 2 paint by numbers.
I can't wait to get them.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Awesome awesome finds! Lucky girl!

I am having a "Blue Monday" giveaway~stop by to see~

Thanks...Have a terrific week!

Carrie

diane b said...

I must be such a boring person because I can never see interesting stuff at what we call garage sales. It all looks like junk to me but you don't make it look like junk. You have a god eye. I love old books too.

Unknown said...

oh THE APRON.......sighhhhhhhh

Unknown said...

oh THE APRON.......sighhhhhhhh

Anonymous said...

Great finds. I love 'em especially the little apron. Well done...Pam

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...