Sunday, November 22, 2009

Did you have one of those kids...


..you know..the one you say..

"Someday I hope you have a child...Just.Like.You."

Yeah...heehee.

Listen to this exchange between my youngest, Brandi, and her 5-year old daughter, Ella Ireland..


"Mommy, we had some great lunch today.."

"Good - what did you have?"

"Some really good potatoes..and I saved some for you & Daddy!"

"Aw. that's sweet.."

"Here.."

(she reached into the pocket of her cute little uniform pants...and pulls out a couple of wilted, lint-covered, fuzzy, un-wrapped potato wedges..)

no napkin, no baggie, just 2 sad, fuzzy smooched, linty potato wedges..

And being the good Mommy she is...she TOOK A BITE!

Bwhaaaa hahahaa!

What goes around, Brandi...

hehehee :-)
This is no ordinary 5 year old you're dealing with...


-me..the Grammie-nator

15 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is so cute!

Vicki/Jake said...

Do ya think we told our kids that cause we heard it from our own moms?
Ya....me too.

And what a sweet little Ella! Keep sharing her with us.

Laurie said...

Eeewwwww! That's one good momma! I couldn't have done it! What a cutie!

diane b said...

Ella is a treasure an so too her mom. She is such a beautiful child.You must have passed on good genes. We can't wait to have a little grandchild like that. This news hit the headlines in a magazine today. We are chuffed. See here:

Bill's Ponderings

Karen said...

Fantastic Mom moment. Kudos to her.

Unknown said...

Yes, a fantastic mom moment... and taking a bite was exactly what she should have done... to see a smile on that beautiful little face.

Stacey said...

I love this! I have two boys and we just never knew what would come out of their pockets.

Ella is adorable. She has the cutest sparkle in here eyes. ;)

Art by Darla Kay said...

Awwwwwwwwwww, cute story! She's a little doll!

white o'morn cottage said...

That's a great story. What a lovely Mammy (= Irish/English for Mom) and a sweet child!

Heather said...

that is too sweet!

Julie said...

She is so pretty. Reminds me of Kristen a lot (she had long dark hair too - but not curly).

Kristen used to walk home from school by a florist shop. She would go in their dumpster and bring me slightly wilted roses and not-too-old carnations.

prashant said...

She is such a beautiful child.You must have passed on good genes


Work from home India

RoeH said...

She is a cutie! Wish she and my five year old could meet. Who knows what could become of life then.

Charmingdesigns said...

yum. (yuck) lol

June said...

Such love...sharing her lunch with her Mama, who didn't blink but accepted the gift!

Wonderful!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...