Monday, January 12, 2009

When you look for something you sometimes find something..else...

Yep. Lookin' for somethin' else..findin' somethin' better..

This old Singer Sewing Library book was just sitting in my basket of books...sitting there..waiting for me to notice it...



..so I did...notice it..3 old "How To" booklets in the covers..the covers are apart, but I thnk I can fix it with some book tape..
The images are great...and, ask anyone, I need to learn how to make a fluffy-ruffly dress...to go with my banana curls...to go to the ball....and you never know when I may need to fashion a fancy dress out of the velvet drapes.. and learn how to birth a baby...you know...to save Tara...

Oh yeah, that was Gone With the Wind..not me...

And I can just see Ella or Emily standing on an ottoman while I adjust the hem in their...slip??

...but I can't deny, these images are really cute!



I may need to actually learn how to sew...right after I learn to embroidery, and paint and write beautiful hand-written letter to everyone...

Oh yeah, and whistle through my fingers....That bucket list is growing and growing...



So, here are some images you can right-click on to use in your art work...


Have a great Tuesday...

-me
ps- what was I looking for in the first place?? ...I have no idea....

8 comments:

RoeH said...

You need to buy my old Singer sewing machine I have to go with that book. I'd love to unload it.

The Feathered Nest said...

Thank you so much Colleen, these images are wonderful!!! You're like me...half the time, I get to a room and think, "why did I come in here??" xxoo, Dawn

diane b said...

Wow what a find. I remember throwing out stuff like that when i cleaned out my mums belongings after she died. Perhaps i should have kept them.
I laughed at the word "Modern"

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

An amazing find in your treasure basket. My the bucket list continue to grow!

Betty said...

I believe in the hereafter...often I walk into a room and say, "What am I here after?"

Lovely little booklet..thanks for sharing the fun pictures.

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

Oh this happens to me, too! I'm always getting off the track and ending up at the end of some bunny trail. But it can be fun!

You found a treasure. I love all old sewing machines and old sewing books.

Anonymous said...

I'm a new blogger, I found you through Shari. I love your Singer book. And thank you for all the pictures. They are all so sweet. I love lady pictures and roses. You will have to stop by and visit me. Hope you have a blessed day.
Smiles,
Pat

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...