Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Walk this way.........

wah wah wah wah wah...(that's the sound of me walking-silly..no, not walking {comma} silly..walking sill-lil-leee.. Forget it.

What I am trying to say..is that when I went to New Jersey and New York, I decided to not exactly pig-out, but not be overly concerned about my weight loss program..

So, I ate at Crumbs...I ate at Hambuglulala (I have no idea how to SAY that no less SPELL it - the Brazilian place..)

I ate wonderful pizza standing up...me..not the pizza - it was flat..

I ate Johnny's Mom's Puerto Rican home cooked dinner...

... I ate cake...and cupcakes.... And I ate the airplane cookies - 2 packages. They are wonderful..I think they're called Biscoff or something...sort of gingery and crisp...



Here they are!! Oh crap...when looking for this photo, I found out they SELL these at Walgreen's... {insert heavy sigh}


anyway... what I am trying to say is that tonight at my weigh in, I lost 4.4 lbs.

No, not 44 pounds...although I wish...


...and the only thing I can attest this to is....walking..oh, and freezing in New York. (didja know being cold burns more calories?? I heard that once...somewhere.. and for all I know.. it's true...)


We must have walked 5 miles each day. It must have been 18 degrees or less each day... So, I'm thinking...if I walk 5 miles a day in 18 degree weather for the next 5 months, I should be nearly at goal..


..and I will probably be in oh, like Missouri or something...



so, treadmill..meet Colleen...Colleen meet treadmill. I believe you two know each other? You "broke up" last fall? You were such a good team when you were walking with Judge Alex...

Then you went a got another "desk job", got lazy and forgot all about each other.


...and you, treadmill, you're not without blame...holding all those coats and purses all winter..a VERY expensive coat rack, you must agree..NO?

You two will get to know each other again...soon,
capisce? (pronounced ka-peesh ?? - I do love old Mafia movies..)



(remind me to tell you sometime about my aunt in Chicago during the Al Capone era!!)

Go for a walk. Go to the mall. Walk up the stairs. And, have a big 'ol piece of cake! (just not every day)
-me

3 comments:

Betty said...

It may have been all those 'Farley photo-ops'...you weren't thinking about the cold...just walking all over to let him 'experience New York'! I'm so happy to hear you are still losing...you're very dedicated; and, I think the best way to stick with it is to allow yourself some fun now and then. Good on ya!

Jean said...

Wow! What a nice surprise! I think I lose better when I don't weigh myself or really think about it. Loved the tour around NYC! Jean

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

Oh Colleen, you crack me up!! And you've reminded me, I've got to get back together with my treadmill. What a coincidence - we broke up last fall, too, and I've been avoiding him for a long time!!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...