Sunday, January 25, 2009

Farley's Tours - Part Deux....

Oh yes, it was c-o-l-d...but when you're little and wrapped up so well, it's magical...

When we saw this street sign, it was almost too much NOT to sing.."Remember me to Harold Square"...


They really do have those hot dog stands...and pretzels ..and sodas..


..and a real news stand!


Gee, we always thought she was bigger....


What's that guy looking at?? ..."Hey, you lookin' at me?? Yeah you, pretty-boy in the sunglasses. You lookin' at ME? Yeah, that's right..just keep walkin' lady....nuntin' to see here.."

The ice rink at Rockefeller Center..and flags..lots of flags..it was after all, Inauguration Day!

Beautiful architecture..smack dab in the middle of all those high-rises..

Hey look - a friend of mine! He's kinda squirley, but hey, he's cute...


My Mom is soo brave (stupid ?) feeding that little squirrel cupcakes from "Crumbs"..the cupcake bakery..

"Hmmm...is this ..pumpkin spice??"

"I think it is! I LOVE pumpkin spice.."

"There's nutin' wrong with eatin' with your hands, right?? I mean. that lady was probably safe, ya think??"
"Mmmmm..mif id a greammmmt mufffimmm!Hmmmmhmmmm"


Weeee! Sliding down the banister!! I half expected those people to do the dance down the stairs like in Ferris Beuhler's Day Off...

Times Square and I'm lookin' good!

Oh, it gets dark quickly in New York!

Hey lookie! My show..oh yeah..I'm the 59th annual Grammie..


"Oh, that looks scary - the Lion King...

OK, I gotta tell you about my friend...well, we just met...but he was ..homeless and all...

Actually, he was living in Toys-R-Us on Times Square..but he had no REAL home....

....and...he really wanted a forever home... and not one where he was stared at all day and messed with by sticky little hands..and....just look at that face...."


"So, I introduced him to my Mom and she said..."Oh come on Farley! Do you think we can save every homeless old bear in New York??"

"Nope. But we can save THIS one, right? Huh Mom , can we...please??"

"She said yes! He and I are good buddies now. He likes giving me noogies on my head..haahaa"

Boy, what a day. I'm exhausted!

I think Mom and Ella are smiling because they like...ah..Harold.... Harold Square...yeah, that's a good name for him..'cos we found Harold on Times Square...

Have a great Monday and hey, it's almost Friday!!
-me (and Farley and Harold..)

6 comments:

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

You could so make your photos and stories into books...I would be first in line to purchase them.

Betty said...

The Adventures of Farley and Harold...haha..too funny. I love the pictures of Ella...she has the sweetest expressions!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

What great pictures! and what a wonderful trip!. I have never been to New York. The squirrel was so New York just posing and wanting his picture taken (love the squirrel) maybe he's related to Alvin the chipmunk.
Have a great day,
Elizabeth

diane b said...

Thanks Farley and Harold for taking me on a tour of New York. It is great to visit but stay warm in my chair. Your Mum looks awful cold. Hope you two are not going to cost your mum extra to take you on the plane back home. Hide in her bag so she doesn't have to buy you tickets
Happy Bubble Wrap Day (My BB cried laughing at that comment)

Laurie and Chris said...

It sure looks like you had a wonderful time with your daughter and Elli.

Neabear said...

What fun you had. And so did Farley and now Harold! Welcome to Blogland Farley and Harold!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...