Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sing along...People let tell me 'bout my besssst friend.."


Remember that one? I think it was from The Courtship of Eddie's Father....with Bill Bixby

..pre Hulk days....
(note to the younger readers...yes..Bill Bixby played the "Hulk"...)

(Note to even younger readers...he was an actor who did a few things on TV in the 70's.. He worked on the following series: The Courtship of Eddie's Father, The Magician, The Incredible Hulk and The Love Boat. ("The Love Boat...,exciting and new.......Come aboard....We're expecting you. ..)

Wha..?? Why do I remember that and I can't remember what I had for breakfast??

Anyway, I got to thinking about friends today. I have so many more now that I have started blogging.


Photo from Betty at Joy in Our Lives

Friends I would never have know in far away places..and some close by!

So, I thought I'd have you think about your friends....

...Or old TV shows...or what you had for breakfast..

Or what you did with all the money your Mother gave you for singing lessons.....

Have a fun Wednesday and remember... in the words of Archie Bunker....

"I got a lotta best friends. Some o' them I don't hardly know.. "

-me

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm back again. Glad to see you stopped by earlier.

One more common note that makes me smile ... my dad was Irish (and still is, I'm certain, though he's long gone). My maiden name was far too difficult to hyphenate, and I always told my dad I'm be named Smith when I grew up, and that's exactly what happened.

Last weekend, while going through some boxes from my mom's house that I'm storing at my office/studio, I found letters to my dad from *his* dad, written right before his 7th birthday, in 1921. My hands shook as I stood in the garage reading them, realizing I was holding a message that was more than 80 years old, and had been lovingly held by both my father -- as a child -- and by my great grandfather, who I never knew.

Another thing to scan and get online when I have the time.

hugs,

Victoria

Anonymous said...

You are right. i don't know how I would make it with out my new blog friends. Im so blessed to have you and would love to live close enough to get out together. There is one problem..I think we are both crazy and we may get in trouble hehe =)

RoeH said...

I love those pictures. Cute cute! And, of course, especially the one of the sleeping cat. A sleeping any animal immediately lowers my blood pressure. I want to just kiss 'em.

Betty said...

The picture of Ella and her friend is adorable...they are just too cute! Love all the 'friends' pictures. I agree that blogging has brought me new ones and I love them all!

Anonymous said...

I love peeking into the lives of my blog friends, and sharing the little things that when you count them all up,are the life we are all living,love laughter joy and pain ,thanks again Colleen and Mr B .ANGIE X

Laurie and Chris said...

Thanks for reminding me to be greatful for all the friends I do have :)

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...