????????????? Gotcha stumped, huh.............
Well, although there's really nothing "fun" about them, I happen to have the world's best dentist.
No pain. And I'm a scardey cat at the dentist. Years of bad experiences. Years of weak teeth. Years with no dental insurance when they'd say "$400 to save or $50 to pull..."..A year of chemo. Did a number on my teeth. To a number of my teeth..
Anyway, back to the fun part.
1. Got to leave work for almost 2 hours before going back.
2. Stopped by a 7-11 for a HUGE Diet Coke - a rare treat for me these days..
3. Got to see the look on the cashier's face when I told her, in my numb-ness "I jus hab a woot canaaal"
4. Since it was my very-front tooth, I am elated it's still here!
5. Because it was my very-front tooth, my left-side of my face was totally numb- even my brain! Thought it would be a good time to get my nose pierced since it was numb anyway!
(Don't worry - the right-side of my brain was awake and said "Now Colleen..Seriously?" so I didn't ...)
6. Got to watch 2/3's of a funny movie almost upside down in the chair (he has the flat screens on the celling!)
7. Got to hear him tell the dental assistant (and me) that if we could tell him the 8 baseball teams in the playoffs. he'd give us $1000 (or the price this crown's gunna cost)
We couldn't - but he did give great hints and it was fun. We'd get 1 then 2 then struggle for 3 then totally just throw in a team name ("No, Colleen - that's a football team.."...oh sorry..)
8. Went back to work and surprised my co-workers by actually coming back ...to see the looks on their faces and to hear them whisper.."Wow! She just had a root canal & she's back! She's amazing!" ..and.."geeze, she'd no ordinary grandmother, huh?"
Ah youth...they just think I'm amazing...
....they have no idea how much Novocaine it took to make me a Super-Hero!
Always knew old age and treachery would overcome youth and vigor any day.
-me..ah..that's not me...
-me..really..this is me... :-)