Thursday, October 9, 2008

One of the best things about being a Mom...

...is seeing photos that I love love love...
April and Emily (daughter and GRAND daughter) did the Race for the Cure in Denver last week-end.

Here are some shots from a very proud and thankful Mom & Grammie (!).

The wonderful thing is how many people you can see in the crowds! Maybe this nightmare will be a distant memory one day......

And no one else will have to take a ....

Saturday morning, my 2 girls took the train to downtown Denver for the start of the race..

Sign-in and get your T-shirts!.

Awe, pretty Emily!

Lemme see your signs....

Thanks, Sweetie!

Thank you April...

Are you ready, Emily??

GO!

Somewhere in that sea of people.....

...is someone's Mother, sister, daughter, granddaughter, friend..many of whom life has taken a detour for Breast Cancer...

Let's all get on the right road - no turns - no detours. And arrive at our destination, with no scars, no painful reminders, no lost hair, no missing breasts.. no lost lives......

Thank you April, Emily, their supporters, and all the thousands of walkers on that day in Denver, and all over our country.

"You walk so I can stand.."

-me

4 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Colleen, I know you are so very proud of them!!! Maybe one day, no more worries....I'm so glad you're here sweet friend ~ wishing you a wonderful weekend, xxoo, Dawn

Betty said...

The signs are great...we don't have that here. Maybe I will suggest they add it, it's a wonderful touch! I'm so thankful you are a survivor, not a casualty! Love you.

Senior Bowler-Carolyn said...

What a wonderful tribute to you as a survivor and to "your girls" for thier dedication.....here we do the Relay for Life and Susan B Koman bowling tournament...

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

Nothing gets to me like those signs.. I cry the whole beginning of the walks reading peoples backs. I cry writing them out for my Aunt and Grandmother... I cry watching the survivors ; stand. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm crying now! darn you colleen.

Catching up and checking in. Happy belated to you.
Love d

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...