Sunday, October 10, 2010

I got new Zumba shoes today..{yay}..now I can do this...



OK, so this is our teacher..and some of her Zumba students from the U of U {University of Utah}.  They are competing in a Zumba contest..

Will you go to the link on YouTube and vote for them? ?

"Our challenge was to make a video to the song, Caipirinha, which is actually the name of a Brazilian cocktail. ;) The guidelines stated that you were to choose a location unique to your area. To see our fun video, go here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ka9aSa5TCI    and click "Like" to help us win! ;) "



What's really amazing ?? They aren't professional dancers..the video was made by a film student..and they did aMAzINg-ly !

The requirement for the video contest is that it was to be filmed in an "unique" location that would showcase your location/state/city...

So, the bridge is at the U of U and those are the lights from beautiful downtown Salt Lake City.  The other "unique" locale is the Salt Flats..where some of the fastest  race car drivers have had some of the..uh.. fastest  races..

Anyway, I think it's great.  And yes, our class does that routine {on of the 10 that we do each session} but because this was filmed on a Friday night then Saturday morning...I  wasn't able to go..  ;-(

If you can, please vote by clicking the "Like" button on YouTube.   And send to your friends too! I'd sure like Utah to be know for something a LOT better than ....

"Sister Wives"...

 
-me

PS-

Reverse Polygamy


A little boy was attending his first wedding. After the service, his cousin asked him, "How many women can a man marry?"

"Sixteen," the boy responded.

His cousin was amazed that he had an answer so quickly. "How do you know that?"

"Easy," the little boy said. "All you have to do is add it up, like the Bishop said: 4 better, 4 worse, 4 richer, 4 poorer"

Have a great start to a great new week  ;-D

10 comments:

Dapoppins said...

You really are an AMAZING lady!

Vicki/Jake said...

F.I.N.A.L.L.Y! I'm stopping life to visit blogs...it'll take me awhile to catch up on all I've missed here. Like saying HAPPY B-DAY! Hope you got the ecard :)
You keep dancin around, I'll go vote, and see ya again soon-er.

Pearl said...

There great and lots of fun, I love the back drops they filmed this in. I voted!! good luck girls

diane b said...

That is fantastic and I think you are too for joining in . I would like to try but haven't been game enough to sign up yet.

RoeH said...

You and me both! I'm so sick of all the 'sisters/polygamy' talk I could throw up. Let's move on to something more fun and my wonderful home state of Utah a rest.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the joke! I think they did a great job on the video and I like the location for the shoot. I went and liked them!

Karen said...

I saw the Sister Wives on the Today show! What are they thinking? Now they're under investigation for Polygamy! Did they not see that coming?

SusanA said...

Okay, I'd never heard of this but it definitely makes me want to get up and dance. Happy to vote, too bad you missed it tho' :)

Sue said...

Great video and great joke!

Hugs,

Sue

Laurie said...

I cast my vote Colleen! Amazing!!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...