Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wow! What a Saturday!

Most Saturdays I'm pretty ...uh...laid-back..horizontally-gifted, domestically-challanged..you know ..LaZy....

Not so much today. Lots going on. More than what I usually have on the "list" for a month...

Our town is one years older that it was this time last year (hmmmm..I am too...) ....and that calls for a celebration.

That, and the fact it was Daughter-in-Law Rachael's-almost-one-week-late birthday.

So, the park on Main Street put on a celebration and the house on Main Street did too.

A few shots of the park's celebration.. (I'll share the dinner party in tomorrow's post..I'm pooped!)


Lots of people showed up on this beautiful Saturday..

Hey, I know these three , Grandma Evelyn, Jeff & Rachael..

Mmmmm Root Beer Floats..(or Brown Cows as Mother used to call them..)


Happy young man cooking happy hamburgers (he's happy because although sunny, it was still cool & crisp)


Mmmmmm..pies and carrot cake (isn't that a vegetable on Weight Watchers? NO??)






Rock & Roll band...




Beautiful (expensive) old cars..



.

Looks like he's growling..Grrrrr!



Stiletto heals??



?


...and a Madonna "bullet-bra"?


Beautiful hood ornaments...

She's got it....

She shoots.....




" She SCORES !!! "


You could definitely put some junk in these trunks..

Dick Tracy called.....




......he wants his car back...






Port holes? On a car??





I guess..when it's a Thunderbird..hey, are they water-fowl??

Maybe they meant Thunderduck..

Oh yeah, Prince called...he wants back his...

"Little red corvette.... Baby you're much 2 fast.... Little red corvette ...
U need a love thats gonna last ..."






This would look so good one me...


So, then it was on to the dinner party - Jeff & Rachael, Rachael's parents, Steve &Pam, Brooks and the boys, Brahm & Oliver, my friend (and boss) Sacha, Grandma Evelyn Mr. B & me...

Tune in tomorrow for......The Rest of the Story...

-me

3 comments:

Betty said...

Wow, you were up LATE. Like the pictures, love the captions! I can hardly wait for the Main Street party pics. Rest up today.

the tattered nest said...

Hi Colleen! where is the rest of the story? still sleeping? the first part looked like fun! now I want a root beer float!

Jan said...

Looks like it was a fun day and EVERYONE was there! : ) Such fun!
And I DO believe carrot cake is recognized as a vegetable...by me if not by WW! LOL!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...