Sunday, September 14, 2008

Caution....men..uh...man working..


Sunday dinner is usually around lunch time. And, we usually have too much. So we sometimes invite the neighbors over for lunch, conversation and great food.

Sounds simple, huh?
Yeah..that's what I thought, too.

Mr. B said, "let's burn some burgers. We can have hot dogs for the kids..simple, ya know..."

Yeah, that's what I thought, too.


Burgers turned into pasta. No problem, right?

Pasta turned into just one of the courses...yeah..simple..right..
Tomato and mozzarella and basil salad.
Fresh sautéed veggies..
Pounded chicken breasts with garlic..
yeah....simple...
I mean, all those great TV chefs can whip it up in no time..with no mess...right??

Ahhh, yes. Those TV chefs have...assistants.

Yeah, lots of assistants. Some to chop veggies. Some to set the tables. Some to do clean-up.

"Clean as you go" remember that from Home EC??? (Home Ecconomics..for those too young to remember...)

Yeah.



And, as they say, one picture us with a thousand words...








But when all is said and done, a partnership is just that. One does what the other doesn't particularly like to do. And, in the end, we have happy neighbors, full and satisfied hosts, fun and some awesome leftovers. Oh, and a sink I can actually...see!



So thank you, Mr. B. And, next time, can I be the chef???


-me

8 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh how I wish i was your neighbor...I would have even helped with the dishes.lol. Laurie

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

LOL ~ that is one big pile of pots and pans ~ I want to be your neighbor too !! I would help do dishes, I promise ~ sounds yummy !
xoxo,
Lori

Betty said...

I AM old enough to remember Home Ec...for me, it was Home ECK! Not at all fun...sewing (my skirt fell to my knees because I didn't make the waist smaller than the hips); cooking (don't get me started!); and cleaning up...hey, I finally found my niche!

Looks like you had your typically fun weekend...you and Randy deserve to rest up. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I love having people over for bbq in fact when in leitrim i dont even have to invite them they smell the food and invite themselves!!ed lights a fire on the deck [in a big brass out door fire thingie] and we sit out laugh sing and have great craic.When you get to Ireland your welcome to join us Angie xx

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Oh my!! But I bet the food
was fantastic!! I wish I was
there to sample the yummies :)

hugs~kimme

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely! lucky neighbours and that Mr B is a national treasure!

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

I believe I am close enough to be considered a neighbor....just put the flag up...ya know "Welcome All"! I too will help with the dishes. Lucky for me I don't even have that many pans and hubby doesn't even know which cupboard they are in!

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

I had home ec. I LOVED IT.

now how are you doing with the WW???

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...