Saturday, November 17, 2007

You're kiddin' me, right??




While watching the news, an interesting story came on about Santa in Australia.


I really like Santa, so when I heard his name I wanted to know what my old friend was up to these days, you know, before the big rush and all….


(he gets sooo busy……you’d think he could stop for a minute and call, but noooo…)


I digress….


That’s when they said something on TV that elicited the only response I could come up with:


“you’ve GOT to be kidding…


Seems in Australia (and I speak not for the whole country or all of its inhabitants) some folks have taken issue with Santa’s jolly greeting of “Ho! Ho! Ho!”


Whaaat???????


Yep. Seems some people have taken “offence” to it..or to the reference (I guess the “ho’s”…??)


Seriously….


SERIOUSLY????????????


Yep, seriously. So he was “asked” to use the greeting of “Ha! Ha! Ha!”


(I don’t know.....looses something the delivery, don’t you think?)


.... what are you thinking people??


And while we’re getting all PC about the wording..then I guess we’ll have to call that tool used in the garden to move dirt and plant , not a hoe, oh no!


Now it should be referred to as a “move the soil-dig the ruts-ready the ground –farm implement”….


And the festive dance first started for farmers?


…not a “Hoe-Down “anymore….but a “Move the soil-dig-the ruts-ready-the-ground- farm-implement-Down”.


I don’t know about you, but the way I see it is if someone’s mind is really that shallow, I want to tell them that Santa, while stuck up in the North Pole with all of those creepy, smiling, pointy-toed-shoes, "Vertically Challenged"elves, deserves a couple of Ho’s……


heeeheeeheehee......


Have a fun, PC safe, non-work related, week-end. Try to be merry, have a gay (but you've got to be careful with that word today) Holiday season, unless of course you are not permitted due to your religious beliefs NOT to have fun, or to be happy or…...........


DISCLAIMER:


** Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.


I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great.....


...Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere.


And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.


By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms.


*This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal.


It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting.


It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.


This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.


-The Blake Household Management

3 comments:

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

So funny..and I'm thinking that priates can no longer say "Yo HO HO"...probably not! Love your posts.

BumbleVee said...

doesn't it get just more and more ridiculous with every passing day? Soon, we will be totally gagged ... afraid to speak for fear of insulting somebody...hahahah ....nah! not me...if their skin is that thin or they have to dredge up the remotest things to be insulted by...well, .... too bad.

Kind of reminds me of when dear old Dad would say..quit whining or I'll give you something to really whine about.

Pearl said...

Brava!!!!!! That was excellent

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...