Sunday, November 4, 2007

Have you changed your clocks???




I don't know about you, but I really dislike daylight savings time.

It's not the early darkness.

It's not that the cold comes earlier.

Or that you have to run around your house and change like a billion clocks- otherwise you have created even more time zones -like the "central bathroom time zone" - or the "east side back room time zone."

And then there's Arizona time.. (do they or don't they? And if they don't and we do, that makes it what time there??)

It's the MATH....

For those that know me, they know I don't "do" math...

Like in a checkbook. Or on debit card charges. Or in weight/caloric calculations.....or like if I was born in this year, it means that I'm how old...??

You know....math...

What I hate about changing times is having to talk to certain things and dogs about it.

I am a free spirit......I don't own a watch.....I will not be ruled by numbers...Yes! A "free spirit"!

And unlike the granola set (bless their hearts!) - I am not ruled by the tides or the phases of the moon...

I am ruled by my stomach. And Lulu.


How do I tell my stomach that it's not 1 o'clock and time for lunch anymore? That it is NOW 12 o'clock? And dinner? We USED to eat at 6 o'clock...but now it feels more like 7! Oh wait - that's because it IS 7 o'clock!


And Lulu...."No sweetie, it's not 5am anymore...it's 4!" Now cross those little legs and wait until the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 5! Go lay down, Lulu..no really..Mommy needs to sleep..

After all, I was up until 11..or was it 10? 12??

I am sooo confused!

g'night.....or is it g'morning??

me

No comments:

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...