Friday, May 21, 2010

So, you were wondering about the heart rock and the wood bird?






You weren't ?? 

Well, I don't have much else tonight..

My legs are hurting as they usually do after Zumba..or a long day..or in the evenings..or just about anytime.

I have terrible varicose veins..same as my Mother..I used to think she was saying "VERY close veins" and I thought.."doesn't everybody have close veins?  Maybe hers are "closer" than most?

Plus I have restless leg syndrome..Geesh..if I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself..

Hey, with all these jerky-leg-movement-spasms and very close veins, I should have very thin legs, right?

So, here's what I saw when I looked at these 2 things...



So, whaddaya think?


The wing really stands out better in real-bird-life!  Well, real wood-bird life.

Alrightey then.  Have a fun Saturday and be thankful for all you have and all that love you ;-D

-me

6 comments:

RoeH said...

Your imagination abounds. I would never have seen that unless it was pointed out to me. It's why I can't paint pictures and you can. My imagination stinketh!

Vee said...

Very close veins...ackkk. I'm always sorry to learn that someone else deals with them. Your bird looks great. I have a wing, but no body. Thanks, too, for providing us the picture just in case the imaginations of your readers pales in comparison to your own. Have a fun weekend, Colleen, and somehow I can be confident that you will.

Mom2fur said...

I think the wooden bird looks like a chicken!
Sorry about your 'very close' veins. I have had them since my first was born 27 years ago, but luckily they don't bother me.
My mother (she's 87) has restless leg syndrome, too. I hope I never do--I'm sure it's very annoying. Hope it doesn't bug you too often!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I do see what you see!

Laurie said...

You're so creative Colleen, love your heart and bird!
Have to get into the zumba thing, could really use it!!!!!

Art by Darla Kay said...

YOu crack me up! I have varicose veins also.UGLY. Actually I had them treated about 5 years ago and they went away but I swear I could feel my blood creating new paths. Now I'm slowly getting some back.
Oh well.....things could be worse.

RLS.....I also think I have that some nights. It's so annoying! Love your heart and your bird and also your REAL heart which is huge and delightful!! You always make me smile!

Oh, and for your question on watercolors getting muddy :) Just put down a couple of colors and let dry before layering in new colors. Also start with lightest colors that you can darken later. I'm a novice myself but that's what I've learned so far :)

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...