Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America!!

 So, was your week-end productive?  Ours was..

Mr. B finished the front room built-ins {so far...}


He has done such a wonderful job of "finishing" our home!  He does all the design, the installation and even the decorating.







He has always loved building things..

..and yes, I do realize how lucky I am..

..and no, just because I work for a DNA company, I cannot "clone" him...

...and even if I could, my sister(s) want the first copies.

Course, we did have to go though this first..




and he did have to work with 2 supervisors..who were busy doing what "supervisors" do..


But, in the end...I think it's absolutely wONdeRfuL!!



Hope you all have a great short week {only 4 days of work {outside the home} for us :-)

Good night and sweet dreams ..

-me

17 comments:

Pearl said...

This really is a beautiful built in and the decorator is awesome. Great job!

Holly said...

He did an awesome job! I just love built-ins. I am, however, concerned about the dogs. It appears you've been working them a tad too hard.

RoeH said...

I think it's wonderful!!

Vee said...

Fantastic job! Just wonderful. What a beaUtifuL area to display some neat family treasures and photographs. No wonder your sisters want you to clone Mr.B.! Glad you had such a nice weekend...short work week, too, so a new weekend will be here before you know it.

Breezy said...

It looks fabulous!! Love it

just call me jo said...

I'm sure you couldn't have done it without the supervisors. Such a hard job... Mr. B is akeeper, alright! Dang. I'm jealous of the built ins. So beautiful. And the decorations are divine.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Hooray for Mr. B.! He does fantastic work!!!

And thank you for the great photos of the job, well done. I love to get peeks into the homes of blogger buddies. :-)

Pat MacKenzie said...

If I was to visit your home I wouldn't be able to sit down until I had examined every treasure on every shelf of that room. It looks beautiful.

Vicki/Jake said...

They're ALL keepers! Maybe sometime I'll get to see it for real :)

Glad you had a good 3 dayer....

Karen said...

Your house looks so pretty!

Laurie said...

Ok, so maybe you can't clone him, but can you lease him out!? My hubby is great at starting projects, but nothing ever gets finished, just jury rigged!

life in red shoes said...

Built ins? I DREAM OF BUILT INS!!!

camp and cottage living said...

Those are the cutest and laziest looking supervisors!!
I dream of a wall cabinet someday to house my TV and books.
Yes, you are a lucky lady!

Unknown said...

it looks amazing......clone him for me ok?

Charmingdesigns said...

that is just beautiful

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love it! I have told Mark that when we move again I want
built-ins in everyroom. He did a wonderful job.

Jillian said...

Oh I love it Colleen! All that hard work looks wonderful in your sweet home!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...