Friday, March 17, 2023

Happy St. Patrick's Day 2023 !

 


Corned beef and cabbage, homemade hardy bread with Kerry Gold butter from Ireland... looking through photos from our trip to Ireland in 2015...a surprise of a lifetime for me, and actually the same lovely guy provided both..the trip and tonight's delicious dinner.  My Randy, my husband, my friend. Oh geeze getting all soapy on this Friday night, huh ? 

It was a lovely trip in 2015... Meeting  blogger friends in "real time".. finding the friendliness of the Irish is alive and well even in these harsh times....seeing such beauty and actually walking in my ancestor's footsteps, finding my great grandfather's grave...

Today was rather ordinary. Cooking, cleaning, sitting under the new patio watching the dogs and enjoying the cold, but not snowy day. 

Of course, I miss my Sullivan family. First St. Patrick's day without them. However, I have so many wonderful memories and Emily, Larry's daughter, started sending me cards..seems she had a tradition of sending St. Patrick's day cards to her Dad and now she sends them to me. We all miss Larry...he was the best ! 

Tomorrow we go to Tooele for lunch with Jeff and Christie. Dogs will be on their own. Hope Owen feels better in his tummy ! 

Good night 🌙 from Main Street, USA 🤓

No comments:

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...