Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A video {or two..um.. 3} and a recipe..for YOU ;-D

So, about that Las Vegas Christmas..pretty pretty.  No snow. But lots of beautiful...food!

 Sorta like going on a cruise without all that dumb water.  Not that I've ever been on a cruise.  But I have seen water. 

And a boat.

Not that I was on the boat on the water at the same time.

And speaking of water..great segue huh?! {  se·gue [sé gwày, sáy gwày]

vi (past and past participle se·gued, present participle se·gue·ing, 3rd person present singular se·gues
1. move smoothly: to make a smooth, almost imperceptible transition from one state, situation, or subject to another

segued into a discussion of the playoffs without missing a beat }

 Gotta love an on-line dictionary, huh?





And, speaking about penguins..you know..with the water??..this is for Emily:



Oh, OK, and this one is for my 2 sons-in-law...fathers of my 3 grand-girlies..

 
And now, the recipe for the Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili I've been making...and eating..and loving..
 
 
 
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili


via eat me, delicious, adapted from The Clueless Vegetarian

Serves 3-4 as a meal.



1 tbsp vegetable oil

2 medium onions, chopped

1 tbsp chili powder

1 tsp ground cumin

1 cup vegetable broth

2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed

1 28-oz (796mL) cans diced tomatoes

2 19-oz (540mL) cans black beans, drained and rinsed

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp crumbled dried oregano

Heat the oil in a large saucepan* or Dutch oven. Add the onions and cook, stirring, over medium heat until the onions are soft - about 5 minutes. Add the chili powder and the cumin and cook for another minute or so. Add the vegetable broth and the cubed sweet potatoes, reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, until the potatoes are almost tender - about 10 minutes.

Add the tomatoes with all the juice from the can, the beans, salt, and oregano. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then let simmer until the potatoes are completely tender - about 20 minutes.

*Go for the Dutch oven if you can, unless your saucepan is really very large.

So, if you're still awake and actually reading this..what are you doing? It's a huge waste of time..

-me

6 comments:

Pearl said...

Sounds delish I will have to try this one. Thanks

Breezy said...

one word... YUMMMY!
I copied the recipe.. gonna make it next week.

I never seem to comment in complete sentences.. wonder why that is??

XOXO
gail

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I think my recipe is just about the same and absolutely delish! We just had black beans and rice for lunch with some cornbread. I love, love, love black beans.

Don't know why I can't watch the first two videos but that last one about Dad's Life is a hoot!

Happy day to you. Tammy

just call me jo said...

You are such a sweet soul. That soup looks so comforting. I wish I lived by you and I'd pop over for a bowl.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you for the recipe, it looks delicious. I too couldn't watch the first two videos.

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Can't wait to try the new soup recipe....weather in Utah means SOUP!!! I couldn't watch the first two videos either....DANG COMPUTERS

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...