Monday, December 6, 2010

How can week-ends make you sooo tired??

Hmmm..maybe that's why we go back to work...to rest up after the non-stop week-ends.

Saturday stared with lunch with " Breezy"..another blogger {she's on my sidebar} and it seems we have a mutual admiration society going on here.



She is a reading resource teacher for the 5th grade.  I know, huh.?  One of the most important and under appreciated jobs in the world..or at least in the US..sadly..

Her son is a firefighter and her hubby, a postal worker..all three in "service" mode..what a legacy that is, right?

We had a leisurely lunch and gabbed like 2 long lost friends..maybe we are..2 long lost friends from another time & place..?

It was sooo much fun!  We will definitely do this again..soon hopefully.  As they say.."the ice has been broken.." {if there was any ice..blogging make you feel you know them already..another perk!}


Then it was home to Jeff & Rachael giving me a belated birthday gift of a trip to Build-a-Bear....where I got o pick out my own "furry friend"..a dog..What? you were expecting a frog maybe??

So here I am, building "Brecken" {yes, you have to name therm- then & there..for their birth certificate, of course!}



I chose the name because, depending on how I want to dress {her/him} I can choose darling outfits (!} either for a dude or a girly-girl..



Ta-da1 Christmas Brecken with his text-camera-cell-phone personalized with "his" photo and elf-shoes..




{his shirt lights  up!}


Yeah..It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here..but not in a good way...yet.

I have this thing lately, that the kitchen table is not really meant to be a dropping place for..anything...that happens to come into the kitchen at any given moment.

So I've been compulsive...obsessed..bent..determined to keep it clear..and it was wonderful..until yesterday...

Eiyee yiy yiy..it looks like Christmas sneezed all over the kitchen..but it will look wonderful soon..



..then for a couple of weeks..we'll be in a Christmas wonderland of sorts { we don't do a fancy-schmancy lovely Christmas, but an eclectic mix of silly, child-like, fun, home made, with a dash of red-neck {the lighted reindeer with big teeth that sings "Grandma got run over by a reindeer.." while bobbing it's bells-on-his-antlers-head}

But it's wonderful..and magical..and happy..and..

Oh who am I kidding,..it's a LOT of work for a SHORT time.  But soooo worth it.

So, what do you do that completely wears you out on the week-ends??

-me

8 comments:

Vee said...

Hahahahaha...perfect description for most kitchen tables across the land... "Christmas sneezed all over it" It's exactlty what mine looks like.

How fun that you and Breezy had the chance to meet and gab and gab. One has an extra special connection with a fellow blogger I think.

Cute puppy dog you created. Great shirt and I know that you really are kinda jealous and want one just like it!

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

How wonderful!! Sounds like a wonderful lunch :)

Love the doggie that you put together too!

hugs~kimme

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

What weekend thing, wore me out, you ask... You ask! I answer!

Well, we had Eggplant Parm. on Sat. And on Sun. morning, I had *the bowel movement from Helllll.* [I'm Lactose Intolerant but can get away with it, some times.]

You asked!

Mmmmm, perhaps after this, you'll learn to not ask certain thing. >,-)

Orrrrrr, maybe state that you do NOT want a comment/reply from "Ol' Auntie Amelia"! ,-)

-ducking, running and hiding-

Breezy said...

Colleen~~ I had a great time on Saturday, it was such fun.
I love the dog you made!

XOXO
gail

North of 25A said...

I keep saying: "If I could just get organized..." The problem is that I have been saying that to myself for YEARS! The lunch sounds like it was wonderful. And that light up Build-a-Bear shirt is the best!
Jingle bells Santa smells,
Colleen

Lori R. said...

What a neat idea... did Lulu and Braxton like the new addition? I just want to say, you look so good Colleen. I know how hard you have worked on weight loss and it really shows!!!
Three cheers for you!!!

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed this post, Colleen, especially "Christmas sneezed all over the kitchen"! And I adore little Brecken...I would choose a dog over a bear, too!

How nice that you and Breezy could meet for lunch.I was telling her how I've completely fallen in love with Utah after my hubby and I took a road trip through the National Parks in October. You live in one of the most incredible places on earth...I would move there in a minute!

Have a good week...hopefully, we'll all get our Christmas preparations under control soon, and restore our kitchens to order...LOL!

Lynette

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your lunch sounds like a fabulous time. So glad you got to do that.
The Build-A-Bear, what a great idea. I want one! You have fun weekends. I blog! Okay well this Friday I do have a dinner to go to with my husbands office. I will be decorating all weekend because I really haven't done anything yet.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...