Sunday, August 29, 2010

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery..

..and if they are right.

....then I am soo flattering a new artist I have discovered..

..well, that sounds a little lofty, huh?  I mean I didn't "discover" her as in she was un-discovered before well...I ....discovered her..

{Is this not the cutest thing???}

I mean..I just discovered, to my delight, that she is living and creating and is kind and friendly.  And she lives in England {!}

And she has a beautiful drool-inducing blog..

And I want you all to go meeter her..she's at http://hensteethart.blogspot.com/


...her name is Viv and she creates the most adorable creations, birdies, and  mouse-es and flowers and pin keeps and purses and and and....

Her work is sooo pretty..
I l.o.v.e. her coin purses....

..and, being the A.D.D. ridden-attention-span-of-a-gnat {nat, knat???}-flitting-from-craft-to-craft-faster-than-a- nervous- hummingbird-gal that I am..well..I created stole copied what she has so beautiful and fun-ly done and made some cards.

Now, I was at work away from my sewing machine on a slow Friday afternoon and happened to have some fabric pieces and a needle black ink pen..

..and practically Xerox-copied (or tried to) her darling creations..so here are mine..paper, fabric, ink and inspiration from Viv..


Now, these are in no way as sweet, on-cloth, hand-sewn thoughtfully beautiful as Viv's..but I thank her sooo very much for her inspiration, her graciousness of allowing me to share these with you, and she just may appreciate a visit from you all as well..


Thank you Viv, for your art, your generous spirit and for sharing your world with all of us..

xxoo
-me

12 comments:

ain't for city gals said...

Oh my..I am always just a little jealous of all you creative artsy crafty women...a glue gun and me is a disaster waiting to happen...I love that coin purse! ...actually anything with birds ...

Laurie said...

How cute! I never would have thunk! Thanks Colleen, I'm on my way to visit Viv!

just call me jo said...

Thanks for the introduction to such a creative person. You two have a lot in common. Cute little creatures everywhere.

wendy said...

How cute!! I'm on my way over to Viv's blog!

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

...oh my...I adore it all...I am off to England (I don't even need to board a plane) haha!

The Feathered Nest said...

I love her Colleen!!!! What wonderful artwork!! I'll have to drop by and visit her...thank you so much for sharing too! Have a great week sweetie, hugs and love, Dawn

hensteeth said...

Oh my....you are just too kind and lovely. Thank you so much, I am most flattered.
I think your creations are wonderful and you have injected your own personality, style and creativity into a theme...just great!
xxx

Gaston Studio said...

How adorable, both Viv's creations and yours Coleen. Isn't it wonderful to be inspired by someone else?

Vee said...

So cute!

Debby said...

Thank you for the link. She makes adorable items just like you!

whitemorn said...

They are so beautiful. I love the first one...the birdie and nest in the glasses case. gorgeous!

Vicki said...

Birds of a feather create together!
Yours are so awesome Colleen....
I'll go visit her now, thanks.