Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Well..hello there!...

Come on in...guess what I'm doin' ??


Meet my new best friend --not it's not "new" exactly any more..we got it to "go" with the kitchen a few years ago..Mr. B always wanted one and I always wanted one too, if it could be red....


Anyway, since I'm making cookies for the Cookie Swap I'm having on Saturday (for which any of you are welcome to stop by..)..I thought I'd actually try to use it..and guess what?

It works!

These are a new cookie recipe that I found on BHG.com..they're Berry-Sage Thumbprints...and they're YUM-O..made with sage, cornmeal, and eggyolks...with flour, vanilla, and the regular stuff...butter...Mmmmm!

Oh, and grated lemon peal..is that spelled correctly? It looks funny..p-e-a-l...pele..peel..Oh yeah...peel.. and even though they may sound weird - they're really good..

Last night I tried another new one- this one is "Sorta-Homemade"...you start with refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough, then add chocolate chips and crushed banana chips!
Then, just when you think they can't get any better, you roll them in that coarse sugar...Weight Watcher's forgive me for I'm about to sin...

I love bakery twine!!

Yeah baby..makes a bakin' Momma proud!

So, party time is almost here..soup, salad, and assorted breads first, then the cookie swap!
Gift bags for taking home and bakery boxes filled with everyone's "favorite" cookies!
What could possibly be better?
Oh yeah....if YOU could be here!
Have a safe Thursday and remember to LAUGH...(I'll bet it's good for those neck muscles, too!)
-me

13 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

I have my grammas OLD mixer. My daughter wants the green one...she doesn't bake...just wants it to sit there and look pretty. Your cookies look soooo yummmy. Laurie

RoeH said...

I don't even cook anymore and I want one of those mixers so bad. But I can't justify the price for the amount of use it will get. I WISH they'd had those in the 60's and 70's. And 80's.

RoeH said...

And oh yeah....I have to make something for a Saturday happening. Those thumbprint cookies look just right. Thanks for the idea.

Monica said...

Hi Colleen!! How fun was your comment on my blog! Thank you!
... Sorry for contradicting you, my hubby has to eat MANY of your scrumptious cookies to become fat!!! How fun! You read 'fat' and I wrote 'FAB'...

I just want to try to bake these!
Oh, and I meant to say my gal is sooo happy to meet new friends! Your header is lovely!

Warmest wishes,

Monica.

Betty said...

I'm not a big 'sweets' eater; but, those cookies look delicious! Wish I could join you on Saturday (of course, that would mean I'd have to buy...oops, I mean BAKE...some cookies)... that's beyond my meager culinary talents! Enjoy your fun day!

Neabear said...

Everything looks and sounds yummy. I'm sure they taste yummy as well. I have been married 29 years and never got one of those mixers. I have a hand held mixer that we got for a wedding gift. Still works.

Monica said...

I read your comment again- oh, you REALLY MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!

Monica.

Jan said...

yummity yum yum! Just looking at the picturs I gained 5 lbs! LOL! Hope you have oodles of fun!

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Love that mixer....mine however is tucked away in the cupboard....waiting for some fairy godmother to come bring her to life. Everything looks so yummy...have a great cookie swap! Blessings and Tons of fun (not weight gain)

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have always wanted one of those. I just can't spend that much money on me.maybe some day. Love the cookies.

A Wild Thing said...

I'm sorry...what was that lil' word...I think it may have read
b-u-t-t-e-r-...am I wrong or are my glasses fogged (or is it my brain)(do not answer that)...

I have always wanted one too...back in the day when I had a reason to cook, but now I just beat it with a spoon...for the exercise you know... keeps the circulation going while eating the cookies!

the tattered nest said...

I wanna come!!!! it all looks so good...If I lived near you I would be there early! Have fun tomorrow...

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...