Sunday, November 2, 2008

Wanna go for a walk with us??

It rained all last night. And it blew. And it rained some more. And we needed it.

It's not raining right now, so come on out with Braxton, Lulu and I as we take our morning stroll.

The wind blew the leaves into puzzle pieces...

The little creek is now dry and filled with the leaves from all the tall trees that line it..I love how the rain makes the rocks and the tree trunks dark & slick..

This is a lovely old B&B in the neighborhood. April & Chris stayed once and Andy & Barb another time. It's about 4 blocks from our home.

This is part of the property as well. I'm not certain if it's just a storage shed but it's sooo neat..


Their son got them the fountain and I've always loved the iron gate...

The slide is empty except for the playful leaves...

The tire-swing is still..the children are probably cozily inside eating Sunday breakfast...can you smell the toast??

This is a retirement home for birds..sometimes hundreds (or so it sounds) are chatting, eating and just generally enjoying their golden years..

The tops of the mountain is shrouded in clouds - when the cloud cover lifted, there was snow in the top!


The contrast of the red, golden and the wet pavement make for a chilly landscape..


Braxton seems a little sad that most of the leaves have fallen..

....a cool yard sculpture...

No, it's not a cannon..just a cow's skull ...??

Although this looks pretty, it is really a hazard - the leaves clog up the drain systems. So I thought I'd better snap a quick photo before the city does a clean-up.

All the leaves on the ground, all the snow up on the mountain, all the cold and wet...and yet we found this one, beautiful yellow rose-bud..hanging on...defying the odds...I think it's a sign..


Ours is a "Historic" part of town...sometimes that menas..."old"..as seen here on the corner of the little police sub-station. But the beauty is in the detail...you just don't see this anymore..


OK, so what's this???? I "found" it on our walk. We have passed it many. many times. And each time, it called out to me...but I thought "I'd better not..."
Until today..cold....wet and wanting to be made useful again...


Mr. B said it's a concrete smoother -but I see something beautiful...something useful...waiting to happen..


Guess you'll just have to wait and see what it becomes..
Walk with us again...and let's see what treasures we find...
And you thought I was kidding about having 5 doors in the kitchen ??


Not so much.

Have a great week's beginning. And, it's ALmOsT FrIDaY!!
-me

9 comments:

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

I was so needing to take a walk today...and so I thank you for the exercise. The scenery was lovely and now I feel better, I can actually say yes...I took a walk! Blessings, LeAnn

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Colleen, it's so beautiful in your neck of the woods!!! The leaves are just gorgeous ~ ours are just beginning to turn here in Georgia. I loved the stroll, thanks so much! Hope you have a great week, xxoo, Dawn

Betty said...

Beautiful pictures, although I don't miss raking leaves! Braxton did look sad about the leaves falling...maybe he's not a fan of winter...bring him on down! I enjoyed 'our walk'...let's do it again soon. I'm anxious to see what the cement smoother becomes.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I enjoyed that walk! You have a great eye for a photo op. I can't wait to see what you make with the vintage tool...love Pam

Bonita Rose said...

LOVELY PICS!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Colleen,

Wow! how lucky are you to live in such beauty all around you. We are finely getting are fall, the trees are starting to turn and we even add some rain. If I lived near you I would be joining you for a walk every day.

Have a wonderful day,
Elizabeth

Kathi said...

Thanks for taking me on a lovely walk. Love those orangy-red leaves. Happy Monday.

Kathi

Anonymous said...

Love the walk..girl leaves are really falling there.

Neabear said...

What is this about being almost Friday? When I last looked today is still Monday. With at least 3 whole days to go before we get to Friday. This is one week I want it to go slow, I'm on vacation! Happy Week!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...