Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My Main Street Cottage

...I think that's what they call homes that are too small for their stuff..cottages. if that's the case, then I really do have a "cottage".

The trouble is, I once read in my feeble attempt to 'simplify' that you should only surround yourself with the things you truly love...sounds good,huh? Well, I love a LOT. a lot. a really lot. Of things.

I don't 'collect' in the true sense of the word - however, I have found that I am drawn to certain country-ish items. Like the old window I bought at a yard sale. It totally rocks. It has chicken wire in 2 of the panes and a small window box. I'm not certain what I am going to do with it yet, but I know it will become something really, really cute!

I think that's why I like garage sales so much. In the past few months, I have become much more deliberate about what I purchase. It has to talk to me. It has to say, "oh, won't I look perfect in that corner?" So it's the thrill of the hunt that I'm after. And the thrill of the purchase, I can't lie. And maybe I do spend too much time, effort and money on my garage sale-ing, but it really is something I enjoy doing. I can love inanimate objects and take care of them and give them a good home. I am a good "junk-mother"

Happy garage-sale-ing to you. I'm off to check the papers for next week's "Big Adventure"!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...