Monday, September 21, 2009

You know, you try to raise them right, let 'em grow up to be cowgirls..

..and leave them alone for a minute..and what do they do?

Find tanks in the dessert.

Huh..

You heard me. Tanks. In the dessert. Tanks in the desert. Tanks.

Not "thanks for the dessert" .

No, not these two. Tanks. In the dessert.

Kathy visiting Gerri..support for hard times, yes? Yeah, that's what I thought too. And she was. Support.

But, in our family, the "oh poor me" parties are very short lived.

So, it's up & at 'em and let's go for a ride!


The conversation they had with me went something like this...


Kathy: Yes, it was a beautiful ride. It's been a long time..


me: Great! I'll bet the desert is really great right now. See any snakes or coyotes?


Kathy: Nope. Just tanks.


me: Thanks for what?

Kathy: No tanks..you know..like in GI Joe..only bigger.

me: Wha??

Kathy: TANKS Colleen...

me: THANKS FOR WHAT??

Kathy: No..t.a.n.k.s... The Air Force in Tucson uses them in the desert for target practice.

me: What are you talking about??

Kathy: The tanks..

me: {thinking scenes from Abbott & Costello} Grrrr...OK, there were tanks in the desert???

Kathy: Uh huh..

me: and Davis-Monthan Air Force Base uses them for "target practice"??


Kathy: Uh huh..

me: and you two stopped to have you photo taken by them????? You're kidding me right??

Kathy: Nope. They weren't flying that day..


me: Oh goodie! So, my two biddy-sisters, while receiving crummy news, are out riding horses, in the desert, with tanks that the US Air Force is NOT shooting at...that day???

Kathy: Yeah. Pretty much. You know they don't have much shopping around here right?


OK, so later I learned they are for "sight" practice..you know..

"OK men - Go find the tanks in the desert..there right by those two old biddies on horseback..can't miss 'em.."

What a sister to do...

-me

11 comments:

Jan said...

You make my mornings Colleen! I just absoloutely LOVE your humour! Such a strong lady you are... LUV YA!

Pearl said...

You girls crack me up! What a humorous bunch you are. That's why I love visiting with you. You just made my night! Tanks for the memories....

Vicki/Jake said...

And a good time was had by all...
Just shows you never know what you'll find in the desert. Good they took pictures! haha

diane b said...

That's a great way to keep your mind of your worries. It must be funny bumping into tanks in the desert. Funny post too. Tanks for the giggle.

Little Penpen said...

Hilarious... gorgeous photo's!!! Even if there ARE tanks in the desert.

Lori R. said...

Diapers, I need diapers BEFORE I read your blog... I bet it is just crazy when you three get together (I left Larry out of the number, he never had a chance!)

Jan said...

Oh Colleen, you are too much!

Charmingdesigns said...

pretty funny!

Unknown said...

you need to come visit my blog! As in RIGHT NOW! there is a special announcement there that I am sure you will want to read...Let me know when you get it! Melinda
http://melindasfabricfancies.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

you need to come visit my blog! As in RIGHT NOW! there is a special announcement there that I am sure you will want to read...Let me know when you get it! Melinda
http://melindasfabricfancies.blogspot.com

Heather said...

lol, tanks for cracking me up once again!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...