Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lulu-Belle, the hairy alarm clock...

Yep, it's yet another post about Lulu, Princess Warrior and Ruler-Over-All-That-Is- Main Street..

Now I know all of the world's dogs are smart...that goes without saying. I mean, they've successfully trained us to spend more money and time on their haircuts than I do in 6 months of mine....

...that they will receive treats for going potty { just imagine.. with all the water I drink??}


...to have the best seat in the house, the biggest share of the bed..


...to have a Mommy & Daddy that, much like the Postal Service workers, are at their service through snow, sleet and hail.....and wind...and heat...and mosquitoes...


{that's weird...the plural of mosquito is mosquitoes..not just mosquotos..huh...}

So it shouldn't surprise me when I learn that Lulu can tell time..Time to get up in the morning..she knows what time to look for Mr. B's truck...to watch out for me to come home...time to take their evening walk...time for their after-dinner-treats..


..and all those thing pertain to her comfort, her piece of mind...her enjoyment..

But now, it has come to my attention that she is actually looking out for me..


Case in point..every morning I allow myself to be on the computer from 5:30 to 6:30 at which time, I get up and take my shower then take them on their walk then I'm off to work.

And as you have heard, I can be very forgetful...very very very forgetful..

"did I let them out?"

"did I let them in?"

"have I locked the door?"

"is today a work day?"

So this morning, after we kissed Mr. B and said our "too-da-loo" and he was off to work, Lulu, as usual, goes back in bed to wait for the walk..at 7:15..

I'm sitting there, engrossed in all of your latest postings..and her cold nose is pushing up on my arm...

....it was 6:35 ExaCtLy...yes, I was 5 minutes late. For my shower...

Coincidence? Hmm.

...maybe..but as soon as I got up and turned on the water in the shower, she went back to bed and promptly fell asleep.

You be the judge.

No wait, I'LL be the judge...she's the Einstein of canines...the Gandhi of the off-leash park, the Mother Teres..OK, maybe not that one...

But she certainly is the prettiest girly-dog we have!

Oh, and note to Lulu:

If you're reading this while I am at work, thanks.


Now turn off the computer and remember, first it's Monday through Friday, then come the days we all get to sleep in, OK?

Really. I mean it.

Love,
mom XXOO


16 comments:

Jan said...

Oh... she is SO deliciously sweet and soooooooo clever! Love her little pink girlie watch!

A Wild Thing said...

I am constantly amazed at Scratchy's smarts, she responds to hand signals, certain grunts and huffs, my MAN VOICE and a stick every time...but the thing that I love about her most is how she responds to the jiggling of a mouse trap. If she hears it, she will stop dead in her tracks and head right back to the source of the sound...me waiting to kick her butt for running off...

A terrier never fails to entertain...what ever would we do without our furry heathens...without them our cup isn't quite full!

Have a great day, this is our last moving day in Palo...wish me luck, I'm almost free!!!!(whatever)

s

debi said...

LOL! Cute post! It really is amazing how smart they are!

Karen said...

I have a CAT who can tell time! When it's morning he knows he's being fed. When I come home for lunch, he won't be fed so he doesn't even get out of his (my) chair. When I come home at night and he knows it's feeding time, he attacks me at the door.

Unknown said...

Love this post and just thank the Lord that you have her to tell time for you, otherwise, you'd be sleeping in on work days and getting up at ungodly hours on the weekend! ;-)

diane b said...

She is so smart because ahe is a girl dog. She is also very cute.Does she let you sleep in on weekends, I wonder.

Charmingdesigns said...

You've done it now...I really want a dog!!! My kitties wouldn't approve...yes, I know they can all learn to get along...oh but the effort it would take.lol.
Laurie

Lori R. said...

that is too funny!!!
Way to go Lulu....

Be sure to stop by my blog and pick up your award!!!

Art by Darla Kay said...

She is a sweetheart!! I laughed at the part about spending more on haircuts than we do. That is true!

I have a german shepherd (no haircuts), but I did take him to the vet last week and they suggested I get his teeth cleaned. The Dr. wasn't 100% sure on the cost but for his size she estimated between $200-300! I'm not sure it costs that much to clean human teeth :)

have a wonderful day!!
Darla♥

Unknown said...

Oh soooo cute! They do train you dont they :)

Before you know it, your doing what they want...it seemed to start out the other way!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thanks again for a very enjoyable read. Cute pictures too! Oh how I love my dog. They are the best.
Of course she knows time, they are very smart.

Vicki/Jake said...

You're both lucky to have each other! Sweet little post and I really like your *FALL* picture on the top of your blog!
Take care...

Manndi said...

Cute story! Glad you have your canine kids to take care of you :)

Pearl said...

Aaah who's got who trained? Cute post, and it's so true!

white o'morn cottage said...

Cute AND intelligent? Well, you are one lucky owner!

Julie said...

There can never be too many dog stories. What a smart doggie!! Gracie's pretty smart too, but Penny was the really smart one. I really miss her, but Gracie and I are getting very close. Since it got cold she has really been a snuggler.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...