Sunday, November 23, 2008

Turkey Dressing...

no, not "turkey AND dressing"...just turkey dressing..

Yep, that's how our Sunday was.

Aren't these paper plates pretty? And the napkins and basket and towels?

I think so too. They're from my sister Gerri when she came for the "early Thanks-Mas dinner"

She had ordered a turkey plate holder but, because we moved the day up by 3 weeks, it had not arrived by the time she left for Utah.

So she got the pretty basket and gave me all the items she was going to put on the turkey display. Napkins in 2 sizes, plates in 2 sizes and lots of plastic ware that we usually end up having to use because we use all the regular flatware for dinner, so we eat pie with plastic!

So when he finally arrived, Mr. B assembled him and viola! A fully "dressed" turkey...but wait...



Because of the whole "Thanks-Mas" theme, Mr. B decided to have this guy stay around for a while...
So there you have it...Turkey Dressing! Thanks Gerri, we love him...


And speaking about lovin' something, I found this beautiful mug at Linens & Things. They are closing all their stores (along with many other stores..sad. sad..) and Mr. B had a gift card he thought he should use quickly. He found a great large roasting pan that was on half-price, so he got it for the remaining due after the $20 - $1.47!


And I saw this mug and really wanted it - it was also on for half-price so now I have a beautiful mug....

...and I didn't even notice until I snapped the photo - it has a "B" on it!


So, it was meant for me. And Mr. B has his roaster. And the turkey has a wardrobe. ..

..and I shall say good-night..

Good Night!

-me

5 comments:

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Hmm..I've never shopped Linen and Things, so sorry their doors are closing...along with way to many others. I think I'll be talking to the man upstairs and asking him what is he thinking about the state of afairs this world is in. Twilight...enjoyable, and anything that gets young kids reading I'm in favor of. I read the Twilight, didn't continue with the others, but I'm glad I read and saw the movie...Keeping up with the times ya know!

Anonymous said...

Have lots of fun! Looking forward to seeing the photos later...love Pam

Neabear said...

I like your Turkey Dressing. That is cute! It is sad how so many stores are closing and that means many lost jobs as well. I hope things look better before too long. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Loved the Turkey standie thingie with
the napkins on it :)

Happy early thanks-Mas dinner :)

~kimme

Laurie and Chris said...

I love your fully dressed turkey he is very cute.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...