Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ew Ew Ew!! I have a "TaDa to show you!!

OK, remember the navy-ugly-blue desk we picked up for a song?? La la la....

Well, not really a song. Can't sing.... Just finished watching "American Idol" so I guess I have singing on my mind....can't dance either.. just so you know..as I watch the ending of "Dancing with the Stars"...which is probably why I watch cooking shows, huh??
So, are you ready for some bragging???

Here she is, Elizabeth, before her make-over....



Poor old girl! Just needed someone to love her. And make her beautiful again...and give her "scrollies"....and glass knobs, which you can't see...



Isn't she lovely? I am so glad to have her in my room.

Mr. B doesn't quite agree with me though. He saw her prior to the while antiquing - just a fresh coat of the Robin's Egg Blue -and liked her- then saw her today and thought she needed painting all over again. Poor guy, just doesn't get "Shabby Chic"....and I "think" I'm OK with that....

We are going to put casters on the legs so I can move it around the room some...Elizabeth...not Mr. B...

Oh, and here's my bestest buddy, patiently waiting for some good lap time....

"Are you done taking pictures yet, Mommy??"

OK, Braxie, let's go sit on the sofa for a while.

Have a great Wednesday and "talk" to you all later..

-me

14 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

I love it Colleen!!! It turned out WONDERFUL! I love the applique on the back too...such a good idea ~ Don't you love reviving a battered old piece like that?? Gives me great joy to redo and repurpose! xxoo, Dawn

Alexa Lett said...

OK, I just read your blog and found it quite charming. Love your style of writing...nothing like some good, dry humor.

Thanks for stopping by my blog last night...would like to trade "blogs that inspire" if interested?

The desk was outstanding!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!! Don't mind Mr B at all. It turned out just perfect and I love the way you have it dressed. Doesn't it give you a real warm feeling when it all falls together like that? Well done Colleen!...Pam

Linda said...

Just came from visting Pam and had to see your re-do. This is the sweetest...love, love, love the color, and the "scrollies' are a perfect touch. Enjoy, Linda

Jan said...

It couldn't be more perfect! I just love it! The color, the little swirly thing....just perfect!
Braxie is perfect too! : )

Jan

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Colleen! I LOVE IT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is so great! The color is perfect, scrollies are wonderful and the shabby chic-ing is PERFECT~!!!

Great job...
xo
Penny

Unknown said...

Hi Grammie! So nice to meet you! I come by way of Joyce and I know Celtic Lady, too.

I love the desk make-over! Very nicely done! I can also see that you are one creative lady. It looks a little bit like what is situated around me.

Have a grand and glorious day!
KJ

Laurie and Chris said...

I love it. I think it looks great. I also think it would work perfect with casters on it.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I admit it...I am NOT a visionary! I see an old desk and that's all I see; you, on the other hand, see a precious piece of furniture and even know what color it should be when you've finished "re-dressing" the dresser. You are just too, too creative and I love seeing all the things you do so well. Betty

Anonymous said...

Great job. She does look new and fancy!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT WELL DONE,YOUR NOT JUST A PRETTY FACE,SORRY IM STUCK JN CAPS AM ON A SPANISH COMPUTER AND ITS REALLY STRANGE ,BUT IT WONT STOP ME!!!!! BEST WISHES ANGIE

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Colleen! The desk turned out beautiful and I love your color choice! You did that fast! It's a treasure now! Hey, mosaicing with scarpbooking paper on wood letters sounds good to me! Then you can "Mod Podge" it!!! Hugs, Maryjane

Julie said...

Tell your hubby I think the desk turned out beautifully!

Pearl said...

Wow you have done a great job on this desk. Your very good at shabby chicing. And I've seen some bad chicing. Love it!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...