Monday, October 10, 2011

Things you may want to ask before.....

..getting your hair dyed pink...uh... fuchsia....

1.  Just what is your hairdresser's description of "pink"?  Cotton candy?  That color right next to purple..only redder?  And ..neon??

2.  How long will it last? HOW many shampoos????

3. Will I have anything in my closet I can wear that will not clash with pink/ fuchsia hair?{nope}

4. If the above answer is "no"..do I purchase a whole new wardrobe based on hair color? {again..uh..no..}

5. Is Ringling Bros.- Barnum & Bailey in town?

6. How old am I?  really..???

7. Could I ever, ever-in-this-world-ever-even-remotely-ever-ever-be indeed be mistaken for Kary Perry in steroids, or Lady Gaga emphasis on the Gag.. or Bozo's older sister?

8. Am I willing to have pitiful, sad looks by complete strangers when walking down the street?

9. Am I willing to scare babies?

10. Am I willing to scare Mr. B???

11. Will it stain the linens, clothes, bathtub???

12. Will is scare the pups??

So..Mr. B, being the sweetie {re: fibber} that he is kept telling me he "sorta" liked it..he said it fit with my face {Wha?}  and that he really {sorta}..liked it..

However, he keeps, to this day, telling me he "liked" my bald-chemo-round-head..so I must question his taste somewhat..

Yesterday, after the Saturday functions, after  he went to go shopping,  I drove to Walgreen's and did this:


Still not the real me..but at least I don't clash with my existing wardrobe :-)

{ I always wanted to be that Aunt..you know, like the one in  the movie Twister? All artsy-crafty-odd-friendly-loving-odd-loving-odd-crazy-odd-fun-will-make-you-feel-at-home-odd?  Yeah..I think I may be getting closer..}

-me

18 comments:

ain't for city gals said...

Well, I like that color too but like your natural color better...or at least I always thought it was your natural...can't keep up anymore!...

Mellodee said...

I might have just kept it for a while and tell people it was part of your celebration of Halloween! That way I wouldn't have had to kill my hairdresser!!

But platinum/champagne works too....


lol!

just call me jo said...

Oh, how I love you! You can be my crazy aunt any time. You're lovely no matter what color you are. But we don't want you scaring small children and puppies. You're still my idol.

Breezy said...

No matter what color... YOU ROCK!!

Pearl said...

White is the new cool don't cha know!

Vee said...

You are not closer, my dear, you've arrived! =D I think you're adorable.

Linda said...

You are TOO cute!!! Love the photo and love your hair!!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I sorta liked the pink haired hottie!
I'm surprised it colored so well. I would have thought it would have taken awhile.

I think it is so awesome that you did it in the first place.
You ARE amAzINg!

Ruth P. said...

You look terrific. Pink hair, blond hair, no hair, you look great, your husband is not fibbing!

Holly said...

AUNT MEG!!! Yes, you are totally Aunt Meg! Who cares what anyone thinks, this is me!! Love me or get the hell away from me! Yup, you're Meg. Loved the pink, love the blonde. You are just adorable.

Karen said...

I know you could have pulled the pink hair off for a while. I have to say you look lovely no matter the color.

A Wild Thing said...

My daughter's room mate just did hers in rainbow hues...crazy girl, but I love her, she's a hoot and the best roommate ever!

Your choice was perfect for you, sorta natural huh...us 62 year olds gotta stick together!

BTW...I too loved the aunt in Twister, I have wind chimes all over my house and yard...luvum!!!

see ya...hugs from Ioway sis!

life in red shoes said...

I loved that aunt, I AM that aunt. You can be that aunt too!

Normal?...far too boring :)

RoeH said...

I missed all the fun. I've been kind of out of action that past few weeks. I'm in DC now but will be coming home on Sat. Can't decide if that's good or bad. :)

Charmingdesigns said...

Isn't if fun that we can change ourselves with a little bottle...cant wait to see what you come up with next! There is always blue.hee hee

Evette Mendisabal said...

Colleen, you're GORGEOUS, and FUN! I love your adventurous spirit. Pink, blonde, or gray your simply GORGEOUS!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Yes, those are pretty important questions. I do think it was cool of you to do your hair like that.
I want to be that crazy aunt too!

SusanA said...

Hey that blonde looks fabulous. I think you should keep it (and let us know if it leads to any excessive fun :)

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...