Sunday, October 16, 2011

Kind of a slow, quiet week-end...

..and that's the kind I like. 

Dog walking, Zumba, a couple of meals out, some shopping and a little crafting..

One of my co-workers made a cute headband the other day so I thought I'd try..easy peasy..






..then there was the beautiful mountain..my mountain..OK... OK..I'll admit it belongs to us all...but I really love it ..so I'd like to think it's all mine..





Then there is the favorite thing that I received..in a box..from my daughter..

...apparently, Ella wrote it a while back and it never got mailed..so they put it in the box, probably as a second thought..little do they know it is a masterpiece to me and will be treasured always...


I'm going to make this into an embroidery pattern!
..and I love that she made me thin...and in a skirt..

..notice her crown..or does it say "me"? ....Nah..I like the crown..

grandkiddos..aren't they wonderful??

-me

14 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

I love pictures drawn by my grandchildren. They make my heart feel good.

Linda said...

I spent the day with my oldest three grandchildren! What FUN we all have with them!!! LOVE the cards from yours! PERFECT!

RoeH said...

I used to have pictures on the walls drawn by my own kids when they were little. I don't get to see the grands as much but embroidering that picture will be so cute! Love it!

Breezy said...

Those pictures are the treasures in life!
True expressions of love.

XOXO
g

Little Penpen said...

Perfect weekend and I love your beautiful mountain! The little drawing will make a cute embroidery!

Vee said...

She has a wonderful sense of self! No wonder that sweet treasure makes you smile. We want to see it when it's embroidered! Enjoy your week; enjoy your mountain. I get the sense that you enjoy your life.

just call me jo said...

I love Braxton on the header. Oh, Braxton. Aren't grandkids wonderful! I get so homesick for mine when they're gone and when they're here I try not to be exhausted, but... I love your attitude, spirit, mountain, headband, and just about everything about you, sweet friend.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love Braxton in your header. Yes you should make that drawing into an embroidery pattern. The headband is so cute and I love your mountain!

life in red shoes said...

Kids, they get ya where ya live!
and oh my, I had almost forgotten your beautiful built ins!

Ming said...

Outta the mouths (or pencils) of babes! Grandkids are the B-E-S-T. Like you I wrote about my weekend and how GREAT it was... like you, mine was fairly simple but it sure was GREAT to me!

Can't wait til Dylan can draw me masterpieces like that!

Vicki/Jake said...

Mountain are the awesomest in out state. I love em too. And Grand babies are forever! Ella is a doll and sure do love her grammie:)

Hope maybe we can meet Jo in her way to Idaho. I read your comment and left my own:) That would be fun! Send me the memo.

Pearl said...

Grand kids make it the best! I love her post card.

Unknown said...

What a lovely unexpected gift to get from your grandchildren. I love the idea of turning that picture into an embroidery pattern very clever.

Have a great week.

diane b said...

I can just imagine how this must have warmed your heart and also made you wish that they were closer. (like me)

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...