Thursday, October 6, 2011

OK..are you ready????

**Disclaimer:   October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month..and the "theme" is Warriors in Pink..
And...I am doing a BC Walk on Saturday..with our Zumba group {including moi} will be doing Zumba in the park prior to the walk...then we go to Kayseville for a 2 hour Zumba-thon for Breast Cancer and the Susan G. Komen Foundation..

Soooo..I thought..

"Wouldn't it be fun to have pink hair for the month of October to show support.."

Yeeeaaahh...

And I was thinking, like..

..or even...

{Hmm..maybe I should have ordered that on-line..}

but, I guess I didn't realize that "pink", albeit temporary, on gray hair, turns out like this...


Oooohhh yeah.  Bold.  Bold and sassy..Bright bold and sassy..

holy crap!
I could go like...


..Nah..  I'll wear my pink{ish??} hair proudly..and show them what a 62 year old breast cancer survivor looks like..

{hey..if I were tanner..and she had blue eyes..we could be twins!!}

Cancer may have killed my boobs..but it didn't kill my spirit..

Oh, and speaking of turning 62...I did it!  I turned 62..AND...

I got my first tattoo! {well, that's not entirely true..I had radiation tattoo marks..but this was MY choosing..}

TaDa!



Meet "Bertie"..

..my "Zippity-do-da zippity-yay..my-on-my, it's a wonderful day..plenty of sunshine coming my way.. got a bluebird on my shoulder..it's a fact..it's actual..everything is satisfactual.." 62nd birthday present!!

Oh yes I did..and, unlike my hair color..this is permanent! And I love it.  And I'm happy.

And I am sooo blessed.

I have lived through damn near everything..and it has made me realize how very precious life and love are..

So here's to all who have been my teachers, my mentors, my loves and my  "bosom-buddies"..

Thank YOU..
-me

27 comments:

Sonya Badgley said...

WOW! I love your hair, Colleen! And I love your little bluebird-it is adorable. That's the kind of tatoos I like.
Have fun with your Zumba group!
Hugs,
Sonya

Holly said...

Check you out!!! I just fell in love with you, you brave woman! Love the hair, don't you dare cover it up. I've never been a tattoo person but I will tell you right now that that bird is adorable.

Vee said...

You are so going to stand out in that crowd. I'm expecting video of the interviews you'll be doing! I'm not fond of tattoos, but if I were, I'd really like that one. ☺

Holly said...

And that clock you've got over your head, I've got the same one in my kitchen and I love it.

just call me jo said...

You are so adorable and brave and spunky and crazy! I love the tattoo! LOVE the hair! Love you!

Ann said...

Love the bluebird! And the hair is fun ... enjoy every minute. And congratulations on your birthday.

smasek said...

YOU ARE COMING TO KAYSVILLE ON SATURDAY???? DO YOU KNOW WHAT CITY IS RIGHT NEXT TO KAYSVILLE???? We would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to see you and your fabulous pink hairdo on Saturday!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!! Can we make this happen????? Where do I come see you and take you out for a birthday lunch or just see you!! I know it is your birthday weekend and you probably have a ton of plans. LOVE YOU AND THE PINK DO AND THE TATTOO! You are so stylish!

Yadira said...

Oh my! I want to be like you when I am 62! So bold and happy! Your hair looks gorgeous and Bertie is the cutest bird tattoo ever. I'm sure you'll be the coolest lady of all. :-0. Have an awesome week!

Emmy said...

I wish I was as cool as you are! Love the hair and the adorable tattoo! You are amazing, Mrs. B!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I think your hair looks wonderful and your just so cool! Have a wonderful walk. I love the tattoo, it is beautiful. Love the song that goes with it. I have two tattoos that I have talked about getting for years. Something to look forward to when I turn 62!

Unknown said...

love your hair, love your mr. bluebird on your shoulder. i think they are both satisfactual! zippity doo dah!

donkey and the carrot said...

You are... wow girl!!!Unfortunately my bad english don't help me a lot, but... you rock!!! KISSES, HUGS AND ALL MY GOOD ENERGY from Athens to you! You are a wonderful person!!!!!!!

SusanA said...

Congratulations Colleen on all of it! And especially for your experienced and outrageous part in raising awareness! You really do rock :)

Laurie said...

Oh! Happy happy birthday Colleen!! I love your pink hair, you pull it off beautifully!! And that tatoo is precious! I'm so happy you finally did it. Makes me want to go get another one.

Scrap for Joy said...

Good for you with your pink/fuschia hair and your new bluebird tatoo!! You are living every moment of your life which is how it should be. I am not a tatoo fan but I love the bluebird you chose and the song you've now planted in my head! Have a great walk this weekend...I hope the sun is shing for you and your bosom buddies!
xoxo
Joyce
(I'm lovin your pins!)

life in red shoes said...

You...you are my hero!

wendy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love your hair!!! and Claire and I love that song and sing it daily !!!Have a wonderful day!

Pearl said...

Happy Birthday Lady!!!! You are one cool chick! (get it?) Your hair is perfect and your tatoo is so cool! I saw this tatoo and almost pinned it on Pinterest but did not have time. It's adorable, you know you rock to me :)

ARK said...

OH MY HEAVENS - I think I love you! I know I love you! Seriously what an inspiration!!!! I LOVE YOU!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Colleen! I Love your hair! You wear it proudly and let everyone know why! Congratulations on beating cancer! You are an amazing woman! Twyla

Bonnie said...

Good For you Colleen! Great Cause, and you wear it well! xx

Wildflowerhouse said...

Love the hair with your big baby blue eyes! Tattoo too!! Happy Birthday and you go girl.

Cathy said...

I LOVE your hair, girlfriend! You’ve got ba…. NERVE!
The tatoo…. if you like it, that’s what matters (just don’t make me get one; I’m still an old fuddy-dud). Take care, sweetie! Hugs, Cathy

Breezy said...

I love the tattoo.. it suits you!! and the hair.. ohhhhh so marvelous!

Betty said...

You are one BRAVE woman...for many reasons...but, a tattoo? Seems painful to me; but, I'm a wuss! It's just too cute! So are you!

Charmingdesigns said...

LOVE your hair!!!! The birtie is just wonderful...way to go, and Happy Birthday!!!

Evette Mendisabal said...

Aww, Happy bealted birthday!! Love the hair and LOVE the blue-bird on your shoulder! Yay you!!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...