Saturday, October 8, 2011

so, what'd you do today?

It was an overcast and cool day..just perfect for the Making Strides for Breast Cancer walk with a "warm up" with Zumba..then off for a 2 hour "Zumba-thon"...

So, I think I have finally realized that I'm not  25 anymore..not even 39..or 44..and not even 56..

Actually ..I think I am feeling every minute of my 62 years..

My body doesn't "lift"...my legs do not raise...my arms do not circle like all the young women in Zumba.

And that's OK..really, it is.  The fact that I have a PhD in life. And they all are just in their freshman year..heehee..

Took a lot pf pictures at the walk...mostly of all the darling doggies dressed and walking for us..

And once again I am reminded of the  quote:  "I stand because you walked"

Thank you all..












And this is the Pièce de résistance...

The cuestet ever..both the girl and the pup!

Have a great Sunday..and do your self-exams!
-me

10 comments:

Karen said...

congratulations on doing the Making Strides walk. Our family will be doing it next weekend in memory of my Mom. This year, my Dad will walk - he started walking every day and has lost 40 lbs. Hope we have beautiful weather like you did!

ain't for city gals said...

You go girl!..I don't care how slow you do it. I glad you didn't cover up the hair...you fit right in!

Holly said...

I would love to try Zumba. I have no coordination and would probably kill someone by stepping the wrong way and landing on them. You look adorable!!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hey Colleen -- looks like it was a fantastic event. Not many could do pink hair, but on you it looks great! Wishing you all the best, Tammy

Breezy said...

Way to go!!!! You are truly insparational

life in red shoes said...

You are the bomb, the shizz, the best!
I have a little surprise waiting for you over at my spot. Come by and visit :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your so awesome! Love all the doggie pictures. You do so much more then I could ever do. You rock!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

You are amazing!
I absolutely love your pink hair! You rock.

I'm wearing a bracelet "fight like a girl" for a friend who is battling for her life right now....for the second time. She's only 44.

Bosom buddies...I love the shirt.
Great thing to be doing.

Unknown said...

Well done.. doesn't matter how long it took you, or how you look at Zumba, it's all about taking part and having FUN!!

Love all those doggies.

Vee said...

Looks as if you all had a great day! You did stand out in the crowd, Colleen! You're one enthusiastic, present, and motivated gal! The dogs look so cute, too.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...