Sunday, October 2, 2011

Geeze..where's the week-end??

It's all a blur...how come the week days don't go by so fast???

Saturday I had the privilege to attend the Breast Cancer Survivors Luncheon - one that I have been able to attend for all of the 14 years they've been having them..and I plan on continuing..

But they're not always easy to go to..every year seems like there are younger and younger..one as young as 16 years old..and she was a breast cancer survivor! Can you imagine??  I hope there will be an end to this soon..too may young women {and men and any woman that has..breasts..}


But it was great to see how the list of "survivors" has grown! I think know I'd feel a whole lot worse if the numbers of survivors were dwindling...

Anyway..then it was having neighbors over for dinner..we have really been lax this summer and thought we'd better get busy before it gets too cold.  Sometimes when the weather is bad we can go for weeks and not really see the neighbors.

So Mr. B got t'cookin'..and I dragged out my old frame to take photos of the new little neighbor family and of the not-so-new neighbors as well..




{Lulu was look-out for the neighbors coming up the walk..}



It was a fun night and we love love love the new neighbors {who just have happened to have a bumper crop of veggies in their garden ..and they share!  So, with the chickens on the right {for fresh eggs} and the gardens behind us, we're pretty much all set. 






Now where can I find someone who bakes cookies...Hmmm..

Hope your weekend was fun..if not fast .

Have a good tomorrow and a great week ahead.

-me

15 comments:

wendy said...

I agree, weekends just seem to fly by and the week seems to drag, but sometimes the week dragging is a good thing! Hope your week is a good one!

Vicki/Jake said...

Fun times and I love the frames:) Enjoy this time of harvest..we know what's next. Hey, we need to do lunch too! When ya coming out Tooele way again?

Have a good week my friend..

Ming said...

Agreed. Weekends fly by... But unfortunately, so too do the weeks! So glad you had time to enjoy. Have a good week.

Holly said...

What a fun night! I love the painted beadboard in your kitchen.

Little Penpen said...

I will bake the cookies, I will bake the cookies! I would LOVE to be your neighbor! I love the pic. frame photo's.... too cute. October is 'fight like a girl' month and I am sure you are an inspiration to all the other ladies at the luncheon!!

Vee said...

You are the best kind of neighbor! What fun you must be and I love that writing on the wall above your kitchen. Now that is a sweet kitchen not at all what I imagined when you were telling me you had no window. All you need is a rear view mirror when working at the sink and you'll be all set.

Oh I had never even considered girls as young as sixteen having to cope with breast cancer. Thank you for sharing about your survivor gathering. It is wonderful to know that so many do very well. What rejoicing in the camp!

just call me jo said...

Look at your produce...we grow nothing that healthy in my yard. Mostly cactus and weeds-- Braxton does look just like Lola. You had quite a busy weekend.

Kagan said...

Aww...we had SO much fun visiting with you guys! Thank you again for having us over. The food, the tiny napkin strings, the company..it was all PERFECT!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

This past weekend went by so fast for me. When we have plans every day, it goes fast. When I can stay home in pajamas, I feel like I actually have a relaxing weekend. You are such a hoot! Love how everyone is holding the frame up for the picture. Cute! Have a wonderful week. Tammy

Pearl said...

So fun that your framing people great idea. You have the best of both worlds, you really do lead a charmed life kiddo! Have a great wk.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is such a great idea! I love the frames. Good for you for hosting the party.
Cute of everyone to share their bounty.

Laurie said...

What a nice neighborhood! Eggs, produce, and friends. Great combo! If I were closer, I'd be the cookie baker; peanut butter, chocolate chip, oatmeal.....

red.neck chic said...

Dang - I wanna live by you! You cook - fresh veggies - fresh eggs...

I'll bring cookies!!!

What week-end? There was a week-end?! I must have blinked and missed it! ;-D

robelyn

Unknown said...

What a great post. I love the idea of the photos with the frames. And how lucky you are to have all that fresh food so close.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is so sad to hear about such young girls having breast cancer.
I really wonder what we are doing wrong. I think we are putting too many fake things into our bodies.
Sounds like you had a nice weekend.
I have to get me a picture frame!!!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...