Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's funny the way the {my} mind works.....

..Elliot Ness...

Yep, that' the name.

You know..like is Robert Stack from the Untouchables??



Oh, that's right...y'all are too young..

OK, so there was this huge gangster (pre- gangsta.. as in today's creeps) group in the Chicago area in the 20's and 30's ..




No...... I was NOT around in the 20's and 30's...I was not yet a twinkle in my father's eye...thankyouverymuch..

But, as a kid, I listened to stories my Dad told, and watched TV, where every week Elliott Ness with his steely-blue glances at the camera made me believe in Truth, Justice and the America way!....



Daddy told us stories of how when he was younger, he drove the school buses for the Catholic schools and he would go into the "nice" neighborhoods and stop for kids who had been walked to the stop by the bodyguards {!} ..kids of Al Capone, Frank Nitti ...



{Francesco Raffaele Nitto, better known as "Frank 'The Enforcer' Nitti" (January 27, 1881 – March 19, 1943) was an Italian American gangster. One of the top henchmen of Al Capone, Nitti was later the front-man for the Chicago Outfit, the organized crime syndicate Capone created. }



(...which is what got me thinking this morning..I do have a point here...I'll get to it in a minute..)

..and others of "The Mob.."...

Didja know I had an Aunt (my Dad's sister) that worked for Al Capone?? SHUT. UP!




Alphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone (January 17, 1899 – January 25, 1947) was an American gangster who led a crime syndicate dedicated to smuggling and bootlegging of liquor and other illegal activities during the Prohibition Era of the 1920s and 1930s.

 
Oh yes I did...

She told me herself that she used to be a hairdresser and was hired to do the hair of Al Capone's "Daisys".....in the back of the used furniture shop he owned as a front..

uh huh.. (the "Daisys" were professional.... um..Daters..if you know what I mean..)



Anyway..today as I was complaining to myself (no one else was home) about my allergies, I remembered a young girl at work who was telling us about Neti Pots..or something like that that she used and her sinuses were clear..)




Sinus Relief Neti Pot Set


Hmmm..Neti Pots...Frank Nitty... so, who was that guy who caught them all?  The one on TV played by what's- his- name...Robert Stack??

Yeah! That's it!  Elliott Ness.

Good. 

And so my day begins.

How's your Tuesday??

-me

13 comments:

Breezy said...

LOL..
If you have allergies the neti pot will be your friend. It has saved me from the cruel world of sinus infections!

here is my email.. we need to talk more about this Zumba class :)
breezy-slc@comcast.net

Karen said...

That was a long way to go just to discuss Netti Pots. I, too, am a proponent of the Netti Pot, although I'm too cheap to buy an actual pot, I just use a cup and pour water up one nostril until I can feel it filling my sinuses. Works every time.

Vee said...

Oh no. I'm now beginning to worry about you...and me. I was looking at a pic of my father and he reminded me of someone...reminded me...reminded me...all day long. The old brain didn't kick in until three a.m. Dr. Phil's kid! The oldest one...what's his name. So I feel your pain, but can't write as wittily as you about it. YOU are a RIOT. SHUT UP is right! Your aunt? Wow. She was a brave one.

Vicki/Jake said...

From Al Capone to noses...hmmmmm

You're just tooo funny Colleen. I remember watching Elliot Ness and always thought he was so handsome!

I have a family gangster story too...someday. But it involves Dillenger's mob buddies.

Enjoy your Neti (o:

Sheryl Parsons said...

Rofl....you do have a way of thinking! Always good for a giggle. :-)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Give the nettipot a try, Colleen...it is as bit weird...but it works!

Just don't let that salt water go down your throat...yucky...

Love the post...I remember Mr. Ness!

Joyce said...

I think you lost me in the post along the way. Always funny as hell. Husband swears by the Netti. He says that it works like magic. It would have to, his nose is a mess. Good luck.

Laurie said...

From gangsters to Neti Pot. I am totally confused!

diane b said...

Hey! I've even heard of those gangsters and movie stars over here but I've never heard of neti pot for sinus. Haven't heard from you for a while hope I haven't upset you, probably bored you more likely.

Heather said...

i have a neti pot and use it a lot in the winter to keep germs out of there! lol. it works great!

Sling said...

Robert Stack will always be Elliot Ness to me!..Funny stuff here. :)

Unknown said...

I love how your mind zigzags....I have one like that too! netti pots are supposed to be great...i saw jessica simpson use one on vh1, it was strange....
guess what? I got married....on sunday...Can you believe it?

Dapoppins said...

I can't believe that you were able to give an American History lesson and talk about netti pots in ONE post!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...