Thursday, January 8, 2009

And, how would YOU like to be called.."Residual Snow"??



Can you feel sorry for snow?

I don't mean "regular" snow..you know, snow that falls beautifully from Heaven..

Snow that sits gracefully on the branches..makes the "old farm" a picture of soft beauty..

..and definitely not the "ski snow" these vintage posters depict.."fresh powder".."the greatest snow on Earth"..




Nope. I'm talking............residual snow...

Definitions of residual on the Web:

  • remainder: something left after other parts have been taken away; "there was no remainder"; "he threw away the rest"; "he took what he wanted and ...
  • (often plural) a payment that is made to a performer or writer or director of a television show or commercial that is paid for every repeat showing; "he could retire on his residuals"
  • relating to or indicating a remainder; "residual quantity"
Yep, what the forecasters are forecasting (or the weathermen are weather-ing??) is residual snow.

How would YOU feel if you were the snow that is "left over"..."remainder" snow...

I mean, there's "lake effect"snow which is really kind of romantic snow, if you think about it.

I mean, the warmth and moisture raising up to meet the cold atmospheric air, they meet, join, become something better than they were before...SNOW! Pretty, soft, white snow. New snow. Baby snow!

...then, as residual snow, you hear about you on the news, you hear the moans...

...the "Not-more-snow" laments..how would you feel? Poor poor snow.

Guess I can relate...I mean, I have had a double mastectomy, a hysterectomy, my appendix are gone..and some of my teeth, my eyebrows and definitely my patience...

Wonder if that makes me a ...

"residual woman"...

remainder: something left after other parts have been taken away; "there was no remainder"; "he threw away the rest"; "he took what he wanted and ..." ??



Nah...

I'm just fine, thankyouverymuch...

As is...


-me

6 comments:

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Your the best and there is no
one else like you :)

Kimme

Betty said...

Missing parts mean nothing except that you have more room inside you for love and laughter! You are far better with your 'residual body' than most folks are with all their innards! Love ya.

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

Hello my new friend! You forgot to mention a very specific type of residual snow. It's all we have left around here right now. Have you ever heard of Indian snow? "A patch-y here, a patch-y there"!! (One of my husband's favorite dumb jokes - ha ha!!)

Seriously, I'm so glad you found my blog so that I could find yours. I've been blessed by your sense of humor and your spirit. You can expect me to be a regular around here!

Love the banner with your two sweet doggies surveying their kingdom!

Thanks so much for your kind comments on my new blog. Have a great weekend!

Kathi said...

Your snow is lovely. I can't imagine calling it risidual. It sounds to me like you are a survivor!! All the good parts are still left. Praise God that you are alive! You are brave too. Bless you. Kathi

Sherry said...

Ha...you are so funny!


You need to be a professional writer. I like reading your blog more than most books.

Neabear said...

You are still wonderful, even if some of you is missing. Loved you post. I say I have some residual hearing which is almost none at this point.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...