Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm going to New Jersey on Thursday...

...and I am going to a couple of birthday celebrations for Ella.....

Although her actual birthday is on Thursday, by the time I get there I figured I'm be pretty pooped..

So, for the first one on Friday... we're going to her pre-school for a little party....with CAKE..and maybe a few cupcakes...

She has an adorable class of adorable little kids....






..and not one but 2 great teachers...Mr. Rafael...



...and Ms. Rodriguez..



So, because they do what seems to me to be a tremendous service to all of the families in the community and to the parents and grandparents of their students in particular..I wanted bring them a VERY small token of my gratitude. I decided every teacher could use another notebook..

So, I bought some of these plain ones and dressed them up a little bit...



..ever tried to use your scrapbooking supplies for a guy?? Not easy...




The back of this one says "Patience is a virtue.."

I will try, without gushing, thank them for a very difficult, trying, tiring, wonderful, fulfilling job teaching, watching, caring for and protecting my grand daughter and so many others.

I am truly...........Grateful........

-me

10 comments:

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

I hope you have a safe and happy trip :)

hugs~kimme

Betty said...

The children are adorable! I just love seeing pictures of happy little children, and these seem to be every bit of that!

Nice 'personal' gifts for the teachers...I know they will 'appreciate your appreciation'.

Have a wonderful, SAFE trip and take lots and lots more pictures!

Love ya.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Have fun!

What a kind and thoughtful person you are to make the teachers those wonderful notebooks...I'm sure they'll be so appreciative of them!

Jan said...

Oh you just have the best time! Loved the pictures of the kids and their teachers! Looks like everyone is so happy!
I miss NJ and can't wait to get back for a visit! My husband grew up on the shore and we always have such fun when we go back there!
Enjoy!

Luminousvue said...

I have come to visit, and I really enjoy your blog! Lots of laughs, heartwarming feelings, beautiful pictures of sweet ones - the sweet life, indeed! I have a bit of a line, but I will be happy to feature it as a 'Site to See' soon! Have a wonderful, cozy, fun trip!!

Laurie and Chris said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip. I love your note books what a great idea.

diane b said...

Great shots of the cute little children. Have a safe trip and lots of fun.

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Can't wait to see the pictures from the trip. And oh how those teachers will fall all over those beautiful notebooks....AHEM....I teach in Davis School District....just up the road! LOL

Blessings for a safe trip....who is tending the dogs?

Neabear said...

Have a safe trip and have a blast. Makes me wish I was traveling to Florida to see my little granddaughter. Sigh......

Julie said...

That is such a wonderful thing for you to do. How kind, appreciative, loving and caring!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...