Wednesday, February 10, 2010

OK, so you know people who are all, like..

{said in a completely 'valley-girl' accent..}


... like I totally LOVE the color Robin's egg, but dude..I don't actually, like, have any in my house, ya know??

Yeah..me neither..I think all the valley girls grew up and are CEO's of major corporations.

....or asking "Do you want fries with that??"

So yes, {dude} I have some that I shot (after asking myself, "hey, do I have any?? Well, of course I do..go get the camera, silly!"

Here's mine - not quite a Pottery Barn as yesterday's post..more like Thrift-Store Barn...


The old navy blue desk I painted..

tins..

Robins??

Fridgie-stuff

painted-silver{not any more} tray..

chippy-50 cent-chair

The "Grandmothers"
{mine & Mr. B's}

art room clock..

an old painting I did years ago..and a Libra book..

..items in a vinyette....vineyette....grouping

..even my books ..


So what about the ..RED?!


this is my $1.00 oil cloth bag from my thrifting..

So, there you have it.

Now, If I can find that mixer...no wait! Mine's.........RED! :-)


Have a red-and-Robin's-egg-blue {or whatever you favorites colors are} kind of day :-)

-me

10 comments:

diane b said...

I would love to have a rummage round your Art room. It looks full of interesting things.

Art by Darla Kay said...

Ahhhhhhh, beautiful schtuff!
Would love to see a close up of that painting you did years ago. It looks amazing!!

Jean said...

I can't say I have a favorite color, it changes all the time. I just love color! I loved seeing some corners of your home and I do love your favorite colors too! Jean

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Well, I'm not totally stuck on any Blue's.

But I am totally stuck on the use of totally. And I don't care how old Valley Girl it is. So there!!! >,-))))))))

.♥.♥.♥.

Vee said...

What fun you have...you could take any topic and run with it now couldn't you. I may have to challenge you to one some fine day just to test my theory. You have so many lovely groupings...you painted that picture? Do you still paint?

A Wild Thing said...

Yes dude...and my fave colors would be...the color of dirt and dust bunnies...that would be brown and grey...right...?

Try grooming out of your house some time and see what your favorite color is...my shop vac is grey too, how novel!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thanks, I'm trying. Love all of your collections. It's exactly what I figured in my mind.

Diane said...

Oooh, Colleen I love this color, and the red with it too!! You asked about decopauging the stamps, and yes I did--they're copied from my printer, and they really don't run--it might be the ink from your printer. Mine will run a little, especially the reds, but when it's dry, I don't really notice it anymore, but sometimes I like when the colors run a little depending on the picture , and then I usually add a little paint to everything when it's finished also.

Vicki/Jake said...

Hey Dudette...that's Dude-ette not Dud-ette (O:
I have a whole gallon of kinda Robin's Egg Blue paint if you think you'd like it...


Ya, we really need to meet somewhere soon..

Did ya see what I won?

Love your *cool stuff* room (O:

Pearl said...

I'm so glad you spell as bad as me, I laughed so hard over the Viginete thing. (did I get it right?) to funny. Your always so real Collen that's what makes ya so loveable. Have fun it's free!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...