Saturday, October 24, 2009

Yep. I did it.....

Crossed "Go on a Ghost Hunt" off my bucket list....

AND SHE LIVED TO TELL ABOUT IT!!

..yes she did..I mean I did.

So, yeah, it was really really dark and a bit chilly. And did I mention dark..like really really dark?

Oh yeah..but it was..
The night setting on my camera made things look as if they were brightly lit..but they were not! Sometimes I was just clicking off photos and so were a lot of other people...but it was dark..

The group formed a circle and "introduced" ourselves to the ghosts ...oh and to the other ghostie-hunters..

We were given a brief history of the mill..and then split into groups to explore..

Machinery and furnishings were everywhere...what I would have given for that old podium-looking thingy - the strap on the handle was leather..hopefully....I'm just sayin'...

The mill was steam operated, so that isn't a big 'ol oven...or at least that's what they told us..I think it looks suspiciously like the one in Hansel & Gretel ..

One of the neatest (in experience..not cleanliness..) was the tool room...

What was weird, other than the fact a 60 year-old woman and her hubby and Mother-in-Law were in this place on a cold (and did I mention dark night?) was that it appeared the workers just left....and everything was as they left it...just up and walked away..

Spooky, huh?

Yeah, I guess that was the point of this excursion..

Here are some of the machines of the trade...a hugs sewing machine where is is reported a child fell in and was "sewn" to death..

..thus putting an end to this mill participating in the popular "Bring Your Kid to Work Day"..

Various creepy places...and this doesn't compare to some of the creepy gas station-bathrooms I've seen in the past...
Different work surfaces throughout..
Some of the brave Hunters (Braves?) and Huntresses..(Brave- iers?) ready for the worst..uh..I mean the best..

I think we may have been expecting...

...but what we got was...

..which if you ask me IS pretty scary...are those "orbs" spirits? Is that blur a blur or a ..something else..

..and what are those glowy-thinigies in those really dark photos..ewww!

wool...still on the weaver-thingy,and spools looking for forever-homes...(yes, I adopted a spool or two..with permission of course..)

And NO I did NOT scratch the name on the wall...but looking at it now..it's pretty creepy..

Nobody really wanted to go in the office, but you know me...we went in...and again, it was as if the workers left for a fire drill and just didn't come back..

I wandered to the basement below (don't ask..I have no idea why..did I mention it was DARK??) and while wandering down there I noticed all the doors were wide open to the dark, damp rooms..

...all but one...

"Oh no you di-ent.."

"Shut up!"

"You opened it??"

Yep, I did... It's creaked and slowly opened...well, it was more like a little creek...ok, it swung open quielty..

..and when I shined my teensy-itty-bitty flashlight (couldn't find the one to attach to my Glock..if I had a Glock..which I don't..)

..there were two yellow eyes staring back at me!

SHUT UP!

Uh-Huh! ...

Are ya scared yet?? Good..

I looked in and noticed a small cat that had fallen through the broken window and because the door had probably blow shut..was unable to jump all the way up to the window to get out..she was trapped..

She had a collar but no tags..so they took her out, gave her water and one of the young boys went to get her food..poor baby.

I have no idea how long she had been trapped..but I was glad my "sixth sense" made me open that door...
{this is the shirt I wore..complements of my work...}

Oh, so any of you that may be doubting I was there...

Proof!...well..sort of ..I mean I think that's me...

But just like {that irritating} Little Orphan Annie sang...

"The sun will come out tomorrow..bet your bottom dollar that it will, yadda yadda yada"

...it did..
...well, sorta...it was gray and cloudy....but Brigham City is a quaint charming little town...with some of the nicest "spirits" anywhere :-)

So as Ty Pennington always says...

"Welcome home B Family...welcome home...."

Really. You couldn't just miss us and be neat about it?
Seriously??
Did you have a party?
Was there drinking???

Yeah, we're glad to be home too... And yes, we missed you both. Now, pick this up and get ready for bed...

Say goodnight Gracie...goodnight Georgie..

-me

9 comments:

diane b said...

Shhhhhiver, that had me scared just following your photos.Golly I bet the cat's eyes were a bit frightening too. Those spooky orbs!!??ghosts for sure. How strange everything just left as if for only a short time. I wonder what happened. My grandmother used to work in a mill when she was a child. Hey it looks like the ghosts were at your house while you were at theirs.

Heather said...

how exciting! i'm surprised you didn't scream at the yellow eyes in the dark room, lol!

Vicki/Jake said...

You just have TOO much FUN Colleen! Well ok, that's impossible....
Glad you made some memories cause there's only a *ghost* of a chance you'll do THAT again (O:
Oh, just wondering...was the cat BLACK???

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Wow! Spooky shivers!! LOL!
I think I will go back and read it again.. so
good :)

hugs~kimme

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Good for you, I don't know if I would have been so brave. Glad you found the cat, poor thing. Just love the dog when you got home!
Welcome Home.

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

You are "One Step Beyond" brave....things that go bump in the night creep me out! Glad you didn't vanish and gave us something to cackle about today! and aren't Doggies the best! Love them to pieces...or all the pieces they leave us!

Pearl said...

Only you Colleen can tell a story with such charm, humor, and scarweeness!! Loved it, Pearl

Patty said...

Oh what fun. If you come by and read my blog you will find I go on a lot of ghost hunts. I love them..and yes you did get some orbs..I love all the photos, and I am glad you survived :)

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Sounds like you had fun..... Love the photos you took. I would Never be able to do something like that, but did enjoy reading your tale! I really like the outdoor photo with the orbs, I prefer to think Angels, Not Ghost~ Glad the Cat is safe.....
cheryl

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...